Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i bought one. i was gonna just do a tranny auto to manual swap but said what the hell why not just swap in a new engine with lsd transmission. anways heres my question.. how hard is it to do it by yourself?? me and my friend are both pretty good mechanically (we are mechanics on f15s) and i know car engines are way differnt then jets but i mean how complicated would it be for someone thats never done any type of swap before. we have all the tools and a cherry picker. i've searched the forums and got some good info on swaps but i just wanted to hear the complications of it cause most of the forums i read were done by shops. i have a 98 prelude sport shift (automatic)

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's not complicated once you've done it. But seeing that it's your first time you should have some one there who has completed a swap before. If not you will run in to some problems that you don't know of. Then you'll find yourself making a lot of phone calls or on the computer looking for help.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
ooooo...ouch, obd2 nightmare!

you will have to punch a hole for the clutch pedal (the easy part), then you will have to deal w/ all the auto to manual wiring crap (the hard part). also, which ecu do you plan on using? the automatic ecu won't work anymore. i don't know if the preludes have the ignition kill chip in the key...if so, you'll have to have it reprogrammed.

good luck dude.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts