Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
his numbers are right, its a claimed 10hp difference if that. I dont know what the 97+ h22 got to supposedly give it as much power as a jdm, as far as I know its still got the same specs as a pre 97. the thing is I really don't see usdm swaps for cheaper. and although they may have higher mileage, most jdm swaps don't really have 30k, and if they do then the owners knew it was going to be that way from the start, so they may have never even changed the oil.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I disagree. maybe with some cars, but someone with a prelude vtec is going to use it, or else they wouldn't have gotten the vtec model. thats if they know they are going to have it for not very many miles, which is sometimes the case. however, most complete jdm front ends I have seen including the cluster has had way over 30k. or just most jdm clusters in general. like if you go search ebay there are no live auctions for a prelude but many of the auctions have a bunch of mileage. theres a toyota with over 180,000 kilometers, a newer ctr cluster with over 65,000 kilos, a 300zx with over 100,000 kilos, a couple of civics both with over 100k, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.