Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that JDMzx engines come out of the factory with more HP than USDM engines; (aparently Japones don't really care bout safety that much) so I heard. it'z this true!? (I mean, everybody only talks about getting JDM parts and not so much USDM for their carzx) can someone explain this please...!? :confused

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew it...!!! I heard that a long time ago and I kept it in my head so I could ask someone that knows bout this stuff, but really thankzx... now second quiestion fallowing this coment... ... ... R we (in the US) able to get an EDM engine!? (like for example a H22 or H23 either one) and if so, for how much...!? Thankzx again...

·
Registered
143 Posts
They have more power cuz Americans dont know how to drive!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Ha ha, yeah you americans can't drive :p but I don't know why they gave us Canadians the same engines as you guys, not fair! I mean Canadians are awesome drivers! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
there is less emissions in japan then the US so their engines put out more HP. here in the US there is hella restriction and plus a factory honda motor operates at 80% not full power and then JDM motors are at 100% more flow i think bigger ports cuz JDM B16 VTEC screams and US version can berely hear it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, gotcha; I mean that's basic logic though, I had a B16A (with mad things in it, almost 185HP, and on the track 1/4 13.6 so it was a very good engine, plus I had it on a 87 HB with some "14 rims Konig Rewind and some times with some "15 GSRzx '98) and I was alwayz wondering why the japoness kid next door (with his Type R; B16 also) alwayzx kept wining on the track and getting my gas money on my way home all the time... now I get it, his was a JDM and my was all hook up, but a USDM...!? thatzx what you saying right...!?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Low_N_LoudAkord said:
cuz canadians can't drive either :clap

lol... :clap :clap

That and the fact that most americans wouldn't even notice anyway.... to them anything japanese = slow

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
japan has some strict emissions laws also, not as bad as here in the US...errr...california, but still pretty strict.

·
Registered
204 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
japan has some strict emissions laws also, not as bad as here in the US...errr...california, but still pretty strict.
That's the one state that mess's it up for everyone.....If you think about it,if it wasn't for cali. We'd have alot of cars over here that never made it..

·
Registered
171 Posts
BlackBob said:
That's the one state that mess's it up for everyone.....If you think about it,if it wasn't for cali. We'd have alot of cars over here that never made it..
tell em about it, living in cali is worse than living in any other state about emission. The emission laws are a lot more strict than any other state, they force us to do a smog check every other year and california cars are restricted to have California Carb legal catalytic converters not just regular carb legal cats :mad

·
Registered
204 Posts
Low_N_LoudAkord said:
tell em about it, living in cali is worse than living in any other state about emission. The emission laws are a lot more strict than any other state, they force us to do a smog check every other year and california cars are restricted to have California Carb legal catalytic converters not just regular carb legal cats :mad

YOU GUYS SUCKS !!!!

Damn you for robbing us of our SiR's and JDM front clips !!!!...lol

·
Registered
772 Posts
ya JDM is better than USDM, but the JDM STi only 280hp whereas the USDM STi is 300hp, thats the only version i can think of where the USDM has more power than the JDM, but the rest of everything, JDM has more power, JDM h22 vs USDM h22 i believe the JDM h22 has a bit more torque than the USDM h22 that is why everyone gets a JDM H22 plus its also really hard to find a decent USDM H22 that hasn't been abused or has alot of miles on it. if your in cali, you can probably get a full swap for 2400-2600, but i live in CO and the swaps here are 3500-4000

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Low_N_LoudAkord said:
california has the strictest emisions in the world but its not really there fault its because of the way the land is. look how many people live in cali and how many drive now add in the fact that they have all those bowl shaped valleys and what not. the poultion cant escape any where unlike here in florida where it all just goes out to sea. so they have to do something to improve the air quality and thats what they did. carb sucks i know but its something that had to be done

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
i hear in parts of california it's illegal to leave your car running to run into the gas station to buy a snack, is that true? i've living in barstow, 29palms, and oceanside but that was when I was a wee lil military brat, lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mrmyz said:
california has the strictest emisions in the world but its not really there fault its because of the way the land is. look how many people live in cali and how many drive now add in the fact that they have all those bowl shaped valleys and what not. the poultion cant escape any where unlike here in florida where it all just goes out to sea. so they have to do something to improve the air quality and thats what they did. carb sucks i know but its something that had to be done

Of course but they should do like chicago did and just put in more trees. More trees equals coolers temps and more "lungs" to filter out the badstuff that is putting a whole in the enviroment. But that a whole nother can of worms. Besides I live in florida...no need to worry about emisions here :bye :clap :clap

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
heh, we have a whole bunch of forrest....but we still have a bunch of mountains

·
Registered
403 Posts
i always thought its was because of the octane rating i know in japan they have gas @ like 97 or 99 octane over there while the highest we have here is 93.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
octane has nothing to do w/ power.

plus the way they calculate octane is different how the US calculates octane, but their 100 octane is equal to our 93-ish.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts