Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few weeks ago i put a jdm zc sohc vtec engine in, it is identical to the d16z6 that came out, except for a black valve cover and on the back of the intake manifold, there is a place for a vacumn line(on the d16) and on the zc its not there, so i have just t'd into another vacumn source, anyone have any ideas why the zc doesnt have a place for it?

on a side note, i did not put this engine in there looking for any gains, i just needed a replacement motor while im having mine worked on, i keep catching shit on why i would spend money to get an engine thats just like the one i already had...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
because the purge control solenoid isn't mounted on the back of the intake manifold on the JDM one is it? If it's not then that's your answer.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has the place where it would be mounted... any idea why the JDM doesnt have it though?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It probably just has it mounted somewhere else like on the firewall instead......did you tee your purge control solenoid back into the vacuum somewhere else? If you didn't then your not purging the gas tank fumes back into the intake so that they can be burned in the combustion chamber as they should be. Not to mention any modification of the emissions system is illegal....I don't really care about that myself though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts