Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out cruising with some friends last night, we all have the usual bolt ons, some with NAAAAWWWWWSSSS, lol. and we're all decently quick. out of nowhere, a black 98 ex, body kit, slammed, etc. screams up next to us, we are all doing about 70 on the highway. he gives us the nod, then just takes off, with this amazing whine. hes a mile ahead of us in a flash, and we are all like... WTF?

anyways we catch up to the guy later on, and he wouldnt tell us what kind of turbo he had, only that he had one. we all felt like chumps. we dont usually see this around here, everyones all motor, bottle etc... so, it was insane.

i dunno. but my point here... if you can make a civic that insanely fast, why would anyone want to dish out the cash on like a bimmer or porsche? jeezus.

hondas are amazing. that ex could easily destroy anything ive ever seen, vette, stang, viper, anything. it was... evil. i loved it.

the dude was a total dick though. some spoiled rich kid that drives without a liscence.

· Registered
53 Posts
phantasia92 said:

i dunno. but my point here... if you can make a civic that insanely fast, why would anyone want to dish out the cash on like a bimmer or porsche? jeezus.

Hondas arent really the epitome of luxury :p, no offense but I hated the interior of my 2000 ex. :sleep: .

I dont care for bimmers that much, but would rather have a mkiv supra twin turbo or a porsche or a wrx, etc... I'd like to see that civic take a prosche on a road course.

-justin

· Registered
50 Posts
I hate people like that. I don't know why they feel like they are higher up in the class just because they have a turbo.
I feel sorry for this kid because with out his car he may have nuthing? you sed he was driving without his license. boom cops come he can't drive, no more groupies, no one cares how fast his civic is that is at the inpound. so you see we don't need to be jelous of anyone, also you are nice and he was a dick, thats a better quality to have(nice)then simply a fast car.

turbos are soo nice and the carry a heavy price tag.

l8er boys

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true that.

yes... i may not have the fastest civic on the block, but what she's capable with i/h/e, cam gear, ignition, adv. timing, fuel rails, etc... its fast enuff for me. fast enuff to get into, and out of a lot of trouble ;-)

and hey... i have a clean driving record (somehow, lol) and im happy with what i have, and thats all that matters in this world!

mike

· Registered
404 Posts
Nice Street Mod Civic.

Beat a Porsche on a road course? I doubt it unless the engine was completely built. Its tough to gauge on an autocross course. I've beaten a porsche or two, but then I've beaten a 'Vette or two, a Camaro or two, an S2000 or two, etc. Driving makes a huge difference there.

There was this 911 Turbo at our last event. For the life of use we couldn't figure out why he was running Street Prepared, but he was. Very pretty car and very pretty mover. I didn't beat either driver, but was very close to both.

I will say this, the suspension in the 92-2000 civic is the best geometry in its class. That double wishbone would be at home on a good sports car. However its sprung for comfort on the non Si models. (Not an easy task with a car as light as the Civic.)

A little tuning can bring out the virtues of this suspension, though. This will make a Civic or Integra a truly great handler. God knows I love how my car handles with the two adjustments I've made to my suspension (swaybar and tires).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.