Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats sup

today i made my big brother buy JL Audio 12" W6 v2 Duel 4 - ohm
Subwoofers for $346 from a local shop, now we need an amp, which amp will best power the sub..?
we are thinking of getting a mono amp... good idea?

· Banned
846 Posts
just give it a good 500RMS for each sub.;)

If you would like to stay with JL, get a 1000/1 for two subs or a 500/1 for one single sub. But, if you want to go cheaper than that....ill get back to you on that one. gotta find a good, clean 1k RMS amp for a fair price. I think a Cadence A7 is a 1000.1 right?

· Registered
3,253 Posts
my friend is selling a cadence Z7000 it does 1500 watts it is brand new. he is selling that real cheap like maybe 300 or less. i have another friend selling crossfire 1000d's used for 400ish. Let me know if you are interested.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Build it. Get the specs of what you want the sub to do, and decide on the size, and type of box you want to use. Then build it, its not hard, maybe take a couple of hours, and you'll feel a lot more accomplished when its done.

Depending on if you want more along the lines of tight bass, or deep bass, you could go with sealed, or ported respectively. Now before i get flamed, i know that a ported box can still sound tight and all, but generally its going to be tighter sealed. Plus, sealed is easier to build. A larger box will be more boomy in the sound, and a smaller box will give you a tighter sound. So depending on your listening preferences you can make your decision.

· Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crx4luke said:
Build it. Get the specs of what you want the sub to do, and decide on the size, and type of box you want to use. Then build it, its not hard, maybe take a couple of hours, and you'll feel a lot more accomplished when its done.

not a bad idea......thx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.