Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
mmmm.... whare was the vette??? on another note, amazing how well that Evo did. Surprised me. Also for the numbers that porsche puts out you would think it would have pulled away from the group. I would say good job Nissan and good job Mitsubishi for holding that gap!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
They never gave the specs on the JDM cars, so it's not a fair comparison. All we know is that the Porsche, Ferrari, and C5 were showroom stock. Right now, the Nurburgring comparison is the most accurate measure to look at.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually I've got the whole video, the other cars were stock except for speed limit removals and a ferrari 360 had an exhaust.
I'm trying to remeber which Best Motor Video it was...
-James

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I should have been more specific; the C6 Corvette Z06 is setting record times at Nurburgring.

Also, the cheapest car there was the Corvette, and it was also the most archaic layout. No AWD, no mid engine, etc. If you can't handle the Corvette being a fast car for the money, that's still your problem.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
omg buddy I dont want to do this anymore but come on those other cars were stock as the other dude said. and now you are just making excuses. YES I KNOW I HAVE STATED BEFORE THE C6 IS A VERY FAST CAR. the others are junk. that corvette was so far behind those other cars, an Evo kicked its ass. now watch you go and say "yeah but the evo has AWD"
but I am done with this. peace. :byye

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Did the corvette driver own the car. It looked like he had never seen it in his life. You just can't expect an honest comparison on a Japanese TV show, just as I never expect a good comparison on Top Gear.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
They put up a lowly base model car against others that were at the top of their companies. The C5 Vette's are still a bargin as you can get them used for around $15,000 to $20,000. The C5 Z06 is also a beast, not as much as the C6 Z06 but granted look at the C6 Z06 though.

There is a reason the Vette is talked about, disputed, hated, and loved so much.......because it does what cars for it's price should not be able to.

Reactions: Nathan123

·
Registered
152 Posts
can you show some proof

JohnnyWash1 said:
I should have been more specific; the C6 Corvette Z06 is setting record times at Nurburgring.

Also, the cheapest car there was the Corvette, and it was also the most archaic layout. No AWD, no mid engine, etc. If you can't handle the Corvette being a fast car for the money, that's still your problem.
love to believe you bro, but got to show some proof. :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
uhh

flyingtoaster said:
Did the corvette driver own the car. It looked like he had never seen it in his life. You just can't expect an honest comparison on a Japanese TV show, just as I never expect a good comparison on Top Gear.
those guys are jgtc drivers. its like your seeing way too many steigs of top gear. im pretty sure they tear up the road with that corvette really good ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.