Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at www.cart.com, there's a interivew with JV and JPM on their thoughts about CART and the IRL.........man, those two were bashing the irl bad........they said how they cars are shitboxes, which they are, and its not real racing.....haha.........so true

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
for sure. they have been saying what most of us here have been thinking for along time.
i believe that cart will continue to survive. after the 2 years with cosworth is over, i am pretty sure that everyone will jump on the bakdwagon again back to CART.

also they mentioned the return of MB, that would be great. i remember the old days when they were in cart.

and yes CART is more driver oriented, as oppose to F1.

i wouldnt be suprised if CART takes over F3000. hehe

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's awesome, haha.Props to Jacques and Juan.The link didn't work, but if you just go to "cart.com" it's the lead story at the top.Nothing like reading a story about IRL bashing from some very good drivers form the best series in the world.

I'm going to print it out and send it to Honda, Toyota, the teams that left, and most importantly...Tony poop head George.:p

Grouping together open wheel racers on high banked ovals is dangerous.Wheels touch and it's a disaster.We've all seen F1 and CART cars touch wheels and get airborne, damn is that scary in an open cockpit car.I wouldn't be surprised to see one car jump over the other (at 200mph+ mind you)---but hopefully not into the stands, praying that the catch fences are high and strong enough to prevent that.

·
Registered
184 Posts
They should make JV and JPM the offical spokesperson for CART.:)

Another thing..... I've attended both IRL and CART races. IRL has nothing. They have no hospitality whatsoever and no place to hang out before or after the race. There's no cool cars to look at (ie. pace cars, Trans-AM, Atlantic), no team trailer shops where they sell their own team apparel and most of time drivers would swing by for an autograph session. In another words, a weekend at an IRL event STINKS!!!!

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
2kPreludeSH said:
They should make JV and JPM the offical spokesperson for CART.:)

Another thing..... I've attended both IRL and CART races. IRL has nothing. They have no hospitality whatsoever and no place to hang out before or after the race. There's no cool cars to look at (ie. pace cars, Trans-AM, Atlantic), no team trailer shops where they sell their own team apparel and most of time drivers would swing by for an autograph session. In another words, a weekend at an IRL event STINKS!!!!
going to CART race is like going to a an event. you can do alot of things, at least her in long beach. the 3 day pass is unbelieveable. so many fly girls,nice cars, food, and more girls!!! you can just go an get a good experience. makes you feel like you are part of the race. :p

·
Registered
184 Posts
divinewisdom said:
going to CART race is like going to a an event. you can do alot of things, at least her in long beach. the 3 day pass is unbelieveable. so many fly girls,nice cars, food, and more girls!!! you can just go an get a good experience. makes you feel like you are part of the race. :p
especially the Tecate girls.:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.