Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

just recently fitted my JR MAP controller... everything seems to running fine... massive improvement in day-to-day usage...
however sometimes when accelerating hard if i let off the gas where normally the car would come off boost and deccellerate smoothly, its not smooth at all... hard to explain... when coming out of boost it sometimes chokes i guess... like its suddenly been restricted or something...
any ideas?
cheers

jimbo

· Registered
2,529 Posts
Are you still running the JR FMU? I would think that might have something to do with it if the fuel pressure is still high after you let off the gas. I never had that problem, but then again, the Cartech FMU also had a check valve for the purpose that vacuum is required to pull the preload spring under the center screw away from the valve so stock fuel pressures can be achieved under manifold vacuum conditions. This allows venting the boost signal to atmosphere in order to adjust the rate of gain, while maintaining a seal under vacuum conditions.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha ha cheers Acid... after reading that about 5-6 times i think i understand it! well a cartech (begi???) fmu is next on list! only other thing i could think of was the bypass valve? getting stuck or not working properly maybe? but that would be a massive coincidence that it happened straight after fitting the MAP controller... i am assuming if i had wired the MAP controller in wrong then the car would run a lot worse/not at all?? because other than this blip that sometimes happens it runs perfectly...

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure what they are called... but some boost gauges come with a restrictor you put in the vacuum hose to smooth the reading and stop it bouncing all over the place... would this work at all? smooth out the boost being read by the map sensor?

· Registered
2,529 Posts
not sure what they are called... but some boost gauges come with a restrictor you put in the vacuum hose to smooth the reading and stop it bouncing all over the place... would this work at all? smooth out the boost being read by the map sensor?
I've not seen or heard about anything like that. It doesn't sound like it's a problem with the boost that it's seeing, but rather a fuel pressure issue when going from boost to vacuum.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no vac leaks... base timing is still stock other than the boost timing controller which is currently set a few clicks off minimum. only thing i havent cheked is the fuel presure... i dint raise the fuel pressure when i first installed the supercharger so it will still be stock. i gather i want it set between 45-50psi - is this likely to be stock pressure? i will put a fuel pressure gauge on at somepoint to check...

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i think something else is up... can timagine 3-8 psi fuel pressure gonna be causing so man problems... took it for a long drive today on a motorway... not very good... seems really inconsistent going into and out of boost... i get massive flat spots going into boost sometimes... where normally i'd get a kick from the supercharger i'm getting a massive dead spot that requires i let off the throttle then it corrects itself... seems lacking in power too...

if i drive sensibly and dont push it then you wouldnt know anything was wrong... its only when i put my foot down everything seems a little messed up :-(

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have my eye on a ne begi regulator at the moment and the guy is willing to ship to the uk... would the map controller make it run richer than the "fuel enrichment relay"?because even though it was rich with the relay it didnt have these problems...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.