Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it hard to hit 13's with a jrsc running 6psi with i/h/e and vafc??
what else would i need to hit low to mid 13's?? also for the people with jrsc does vtec still fell the same or not as dramatic??

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Your biggest problem will be getting all the power down. With i/h/e + JRSC you should hit 13's easily. For low 13's, bolt on some drags and up the boost to 9 psi. High 12's you will need slicks + JRSC at 9 psi + LSD + i/h/e + VPAC + ACT + drag springs + weight redux.

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ludeboy said:
Your biggest problem will be getting all the power down. With i/h/e + JRSC you should hit 13's easily. For low 13's, bolt on some drags and up the boost to 9 psi. High 12's you will need slicks + JRSC at 9 psi + LSD + i/h/e + VPAC + ACT + drag springs + weight redux.
what kinda engine work do i have to do to handle 9psi?? also is 9psi from a charger the same as 9psi from a turbo?? how much power does 9psi put to the ground wih bolt on's??....thnx

· Registered
4,212 Posts
Dude-N-Lude said:

what kinda engine work do i have to do to handle 9psi?? also is 9psi from a charger the same as 9psi from a turbo?? how much power does 9psi put to the ground wih bolt on's??....thnx
Well you would want to put in hi perf. valve train, clutch, flywheel, ignition , and all bolt ons to ensure safe boost conditions. About Superchargers and Turbochargers, lets talk about at 9psi, SC will start the boost at 9 psi right away. Turbo charger builds up pressure as the compressor wheel spools up and as the rpms build up.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
H22 Bastard said:
Well you would want to put in hi perf. valve train, clutch, flywheel, ignition , and all bolt ons to ensure safe boost conditions. About Superchargers and Turbochargers, lets talk about at 9psi, SC will start the boost at 9 psi right away. Turbo charger builds up pressure as the compressor wheel spools up and as the rpms build up.
High performance valvetrain? The JRSC was desinged for use with an internally stock engine. You would swap out the pulley and this turns the sc faster, thus creating more boost. If you are talking about power, given the same conditions, turbos will always make more power then sc because of the inherent drag that is produced from the engine having to turn the sc to make pressure. You are correct about the sc making the power immediately. That is the benefit that a sc has over a tc.

Dude-N-Lude, as long as you provide the proper amount of fuel and spark at all times, you won't have to make any changes to the engine to handle 9 psi. I wouldn't take it over 9 however.
9 psi w/ bolt ons would be in the 250 whp area. 9 intercooled psi with a turbo w/ a 3" exhaust would be nearing the 300 whp area with proper tuning on the H22 motor. Also ACT is THE name in clutches and are the choice of many dragsters sporting tons of power. You can't go wrong with a known winner.

gold- unfortunately the SS tranny is not capable of handling the amount of torque produced from the sc. You would have to purchase a Level 10 tranny kit and tq converter to handle the JRSC. The good part is that a SS Lude with the Level 10 tq conv. and the rebuild kit would be one fast motha!

· Registered
401 Posts
300whp is possible with the JRSC and a decent amount of other mods. Turbo however, 300whp is not a big deal b/c you can always buy a bigger TURBO.

Gas mileage is going to go down in either case, just depends how much boost you have and the amount of mods as well.

· Registered
102 Posts
You could always buy the jrsc and send it off to endyn (www.theoldone.com) for a redesign...puts out between 12 and 17 psi depending on the jrsc. I've had 2 jrsc, the first only put out 1psi @ 7500rpm, so I called jr and they told me to send it back and they will send me a new one. The second one put out about 7 psi @ 6000rpm. I then sent it to Endyn, when I got it back it put 13 psi @ 6250 rpm. Endyn does great work and will work with you on anything, they will explain anything to you, and are inexpensive compared to others. I am a very satisfied customer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.