Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree 100% at sea level or near to it power to be expected is 150-160hp.

Currently this setup isn't registering 6psi though, it maxes out at 4.3psi due to the pully being used at present. With that fixed in future and correct boost attained along with correct fuel pump (we suspect the current one is overworked) - power should increase nicely.

PS: Had a look at your vehicle on CarDomain, it looks great especially with the new GT3's ;)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
1.) Fix Cylinder #4 and raise compression slightly
2.) Run premium fuel or higher
3.) Get an intercooler, the heated air was killing performance
4.) Upgrade the fuel pump as it's currently working very hard
5.) Improve VE or swap SOHC NON-VTEC head for the SOHC VTEC one
#2 and #4 will be the easiest and least costly. I'd also suggest #6, which is to get a bigger blower pulley.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
"Oh your not running premium as of now????"

i am running a premium fuel 95 octain. but the last place a filled up, i saw the tanker coming in as i left so it was fuel that had been sitting (old fuel).

thanks for the post ToyamaRacing/ijin

@acidlotus: get a bigger blower pulley? why would that help surely a smaller one will give more boost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My sincere apologies, that statement is slightly out of context:

2.) Run premium fuel or higher
Swich is running the highest commercially available pump fuel (that you can get at any service station), this is 95ron.

Unfortunately with our quality of fuels, most of the time there are some performance differences between brands. When I say premium fuel or higher, I am referring to our 102ron fuels available from airports here :)

If #4 and #6 (I think you meant higher rated pully as in smaller - as added by AcidLotus) is carried out on the platform as-is, there will definately be better gains.

Overdriving a stock pump is often overlooked until the point of failure. With the Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator putting extra load on the pump as rpm climbs. Not to mention the result of a non-optimal fueling system in relation to power.

This car will come together over time :) Good luck to you Swich!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
well the first stage is complete on the engine.

next is fuel pump (asap)
z6 head
new pulley (more boost)
and hopefuly intercooler or some thing (wait for your thread on it acidlotus)

any way you guys have been a huge help thanks.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
@acidlotus: get a bigger blower pulley? why would that help surely a smaller one will give more boost.
You can get a bigger crank pulley it does the same thing as a smaller blower pulley. I have been running a Y7/Y8 pulley for about 5 years now. I had the Power steering part shaved off to get the weight down to about the same as the original.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You can get a bigger crank pulley it does the same thing as a smaller blower pulley. I have been running a Y7/Y8 pulley for about 5 years now. I had the Power steering part shaved off to get the weight down to about the same as the original.
coz i got the JR pully for the y8 but as you guys told me it is off set for that motor. and it was rubbing up against the plastic cam belt housing. so thinking about get work done to that one to allow it to work. ie get part of it shaved and groves placed in it. coz it is much lighter then the stock one.

but this will only happen end of the yer. going to start collecting the parts i need now

41 - 51 of 51 Posts