Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a d16a1 (86-87 integra) for my wagon, and i am starting to think about going with a supercharger. my question is, would the JRSC kit for a sohc civic/crx work? the d16a1 has the same IM bolts and everything, same exhaust, only major difference is DOHC and the ignition. I plan on using wiring and everything from a '90 4wd wagon (the exact same everything as Si, same ECU, same motor, everything)

edit: i notice there is one for a 88-98 ZC, does anyone know if thats for the DOHC ZC or the SOHC vtec zc??? and does anyone know why its cheaper than the others on the page? thx for any help guys

·
Registered
118 Posts
hmm... I would save for a better car then supercharge that.. I wouldnt let a superchardger touch an outdated wagon.. get somethin with dohc

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elixirs said:
hmm... I would save for a better car then supercharge that.. I wouldnt let a superchardger touch an outdated wagon.. get somethin with dohc
the d16a1 is the DOHC engine from the (in my case) 86-87 integra (others were made 88-89). it is extremely similar to the DOHC ZC, uses the same cams, has the same bore and im almost positive the same stroke too. theres other similarities that i cant think of off the top of my head right now

[edit] oh and its unclear but i didnt mean they have the same cams stock, im saying the cams are interechangeable. for instance aftermarket cams for a DOHC ZC will fit the d16a1

[edit(again)] well i tried the IM from a SOHC d series, and its different. not only are the ports noticeably smaller, but the runners are spaced different and the mounting bolts are completely different. Im pretty sure the intake should be the same as the DOHC ZC, but i still have that same question... is the JRSC for the zc on the page for a DOHC or SOHC??? if anyone can fill me in id really appreciate it

·
Registered
118 Posts
only major difference is DOHC and the ignition
for some reason I thought you HAD a dohc and now have a SOHC.. my fault.. sorry bout the misunderstanding

but uh, yeah, that's a pretty unique project you have goin! goodluck!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Elixirs said:
for some reason I thought you HAD a dohc and now have a SOHC.. my fault.. sorry bout the misunderstanding

but uh, yeah, that's a pretty unique project you have goin! goodluck!
heh its all good. im pretty torn between SC and na... i love power but i like reliability too lol. i should be able to kick my project off a little more soon (ie headwork, check on all internals, blueprint & balance everything, replace necessary shit... )
it can be hard to find good aftermarket parts for the dohc D's tho... but i think ill make out allright. the look on (some) ppl's faces when they get torn up by a wagon will be worth it all tho... lol

oh and the Q still stands: does anyone have any idea if the JRSC listed on the Jackson Racing page is for the DOHC or SOHC ZC???

·
Registered
118 Posts
well i know of people who SCed their Civic SI's (which is dohc) with a JRSC. so they are dohc compatible

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Elixirs said:
well i know of people who SCed their Civic SI's (which is dohc) with a JRSC. so they are dohc compatible
the dohc Si is the b16. unless your in europe, then the si has the dohc zc. if your in europe, do u know where they boght the sc from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts