Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kinda confused here...but here is the supercharger kit im looking at:
MossPerformance.com High Performance Parts & Accessories
according to this it includes the injectors, the hondata300, a high flow fuel pump, and obviously the supercharger itself. On this website, it gives me the impression that they have the hondata pretuned so there is no need to take my car to a dyno/tuning shop. that just doesnt seem right to me...but could someone confirm or correct me in saying that - "i could buy this kit, install it in my garage, add headers and an exhuast, and then drive it daily at around 260whp with no problems and with no shop fees?"

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I'm not sure where you get the impression that it doesn't need to be tuned? I don't read that on JR's website. The S300 might come with a base tune, but every engine is slightly different, and depending on which boost pulley you use, you'll need a competent tuner to tune the ECU to utilize those large injectors, bar none.

·
Olde School Ricer
8,762 Posts
So I will just speak from my experience.
I have 2 JR SC cars. Neither has been tuned. 1 car was my daily driver. I put more than 50k miles on it and have never had a issue.
The other car is my week warrior. I beat the dog piss out of the car. I have never had a issue with it.
Now I'm not saying a tune would be a bad thing, but I have never tuned either of my cars.
I know my weekend warrior would benefit, they could squeeze out some hidden hp.
My DD, I don't think it would benefit much. I might get some extra mpg's.
Most people online cry, TUNE, TUNE, TUNE. I guess these are the people that have 50 tuners that live in there town. I will say though, if you decide to tune, make sure the tuner is reputable and compitant. I have seen a few locals that have taken their cars to "tuners", just to have them blow up (the tuner, set way to aggressive tunes).

Right, wrong, or indifferent, this is my experience.

·
Registered
21 Posts
the Honda300 that they are offering is already pretuned, but at some low settings.
your car will be fine on the setup that it will come.
but..... if your adding I/RH/Exhuast, then it might be recommended that you get your car tuned for the applications that you have added or... about to add to your car.
just my thoughts since i am in the market for a SC as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i emailed them and basically said the same thing as chewy...it comes pre tuned and you can run it that way. but if u add other parts and/or are looking for more power, then get it dynoed and tuned

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
yeah i emailed them and basically said the same thing as chewy...it comes pre tuned and you can run it that way. but if u add other parts and/or are looking for more power, then get it dynoed and tuned
of course it will run but every car is different...there is no "universal" tune

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Yes i wouldnt use a pretuned map for anything but a base map. Two identical motors probably will not tune the exact same way.
/agree.

exact motors built with same components etc, will be close to each other but not the same. There's just so many variables out there that can change very subtle characteristics of an engine which will result in a different tune to get the best performance from that engine.

Realisticly you could have 1 car(to ensure all things considered aside from the engine being the same) and build 2 engines. and they would each act slightly different from each other, kind of like twins, theres just small things , which is why every engine needs its own tune

1 - 12 of 12 Posts