Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 hatch, with the dx d15b7 motor with just an intake. I picked up a JRSC for dirt cheap, and was wondering if my motor would hold up if i put it on. The pulley is only the stock 6psi pulley. what do you guys think? will my motor hold up? how much power do you think it'll make?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Making power will depend on your tuning. Don't use a fmu, get a chipped ecu tuned. You can use that on the d15b7 just look for a ceiling of around 170-180whp!maximum!. That still would need a good tune. The wrist pins and rods are not so good in that block. If I had one I'd do it.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
you would be better off selling it, and going turbo.. The SC will draw a fair amount of power from the engine.. And having the low torque it has down low, i would imagine it would be very weak down low.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I would keep it. if this is your first time messing with engines I would say use the JRSC, you wil learn how boost works and what the engine like/dislikes under boost. once something goes wrong(inevitable) then I would just go turbo and a forged internals build.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I would sell the JRSC for more than you got it for since you seem to have gotten a good deal on it, then turn around and piece together a turbo kit. Keep the PSI down to 5 or 7 and get a good tune and you can keep your stock internals for a good long while.

The D15B7 is best toward the higher end of the RPMs range. This is because of the decent rod/stroke ratio of the B7. Notice that when you hit WOT in first or second gear, it accelerates harder past 4,000 rpms. I know mine tears through the RPMs from 4.5k all the way up to redline. It's not spectacular of course, I mean, it's a B7...

It likes the upper end, turbo will compliment it well.

My 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.