Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of times are you guys with JRSC's running? Can some of you guys list your car, mods and times you are running? Thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No offense, but I think that your body kit really butcheres the lines on that lude... especially the front end :eek:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I mean everyone has their own opinion. But I think it looks really good in person. And I have never had a bad comment in person about it...I am always open for suggestions.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I don't like the body kit either, but I'm picky as a motherfux0r. The only good kits I've seen are the one on the white del sol in F&F, a lude ground effects kit I've seen here in Colorado, and some ground effects kit on the newer gen Accords. Anything with big air scoops that is not on a supra or Lancer Evo VII looks like shit to me. Don't take it personally, just my opinion.

As far as JRSC times, it depends on your motor, your tuning, and other supporting mods that you have. If you have an H23, there is no kit available for you. I've gotten my EX to run a 16.5 at 5800 feet above sea level, which should be good for low 15s to high 14s at sea level @ 6 PSI. Eventually I'll have a 10 PSI pulley and an electronic boost limiter for the JRSC.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read in a post something about a 12 second GSR. Is that possible or is that car modded out the ass?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like it

I like this kit whered you get it? I am going to buy a prelude and invest 6k - 10 k into trickin it out. What do you think I will run with that investment? I am going to get the J super and nos and headers, exhause computer upgrade, pulleys etc. What else should I do? Injector upgrades??

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
You can send that too me too. I'm also on cable but going out later tonight so won't be on to get it for a while.

·
Registered
157 Posts
ok... 12's on 6psi... there must be something else major!

Lets see... if he was on 6psi and has a Hondata, that would be more than possible on slicks.

My automatic teg ran a 13.9 @101mph on the track... but I wont tell what my set up was! :rolleyes:

Naw I will... basically everything listed, except I had a race exhaust, timing advanced all the way, race gas, ghetto deflated tires, and weight reduction, oh yeah and a transmission that wasn't slipping. OH YEAH... tuned by Jackson Racing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best I've done so far is a 14.3. '98 base Prelude, Kamikaze
header, cheap loud catback, MSD 6al, on the stock clutch.
We'll see how it goes this year with a Quaife, flywheel, and clutch.

·
Registered
157 Posts
dude... those claims are a bit far featched, so why dont you give us the proof??? if your friend does indeed have some super secret tuning then just post the video and we'll see the proof, not his mods.

·
Registered
395 Posts
according to jackson racing, with a good i/h/e setup the prelude (97-01) should run 14.0 flat in the 1/4 mile with 0-60 times under 6 seconds. i haven't been able to time my car yet with the sc on, but i still have some hidden mods to do to it like new injectors and fpr. i'm also gonna replace the clutch and shave the flywheel. i'm willing to bet you can get just under 14 provided a perfect launch and good traction. i'm tryin to avoid nitrous at all costs.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
if you're so about truth, post it on an FTP site for any of us to download, or better yet, a webpage. Common, it's not that hard. proof is proof and some of us want it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
does that teg have an exhaust cause it doesnt say what kind of muffler he's running?

i wanna see the video:D got high speed too (DSL):D :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have a 95 civic ex, running 6lbs on a JRSC and consistantly get mid 13's with no other MAJOR mods done at all. with full tank of gas and interior/spare tire

·
Registered
157 Posts
civic EX running 13's... somehow that is a bit hard for me to believe. What else do u have that you arent mentioning? i had to do A LOT to finally get into the 13's and that is certainly not a street set up.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
phmracing said:
i have a 95 civic ex, running 6lbs on a JRSC and consistantly get mid 13's with no other MAJOR mods done at all. with full tank of gas and interior/spare tire
Sorry but I have to call bullshit on this one. You need to provide proof as in a timeslip and a video combined for anyone to believe that.

·
Registered
672 Posts
my roomie was in nemesis til he sold his car, and he says its true. CMI last year.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
nemesis sounds like a bunch of liars. Unless they post their mods, no video or timeslip is going to convince me both the civic and the integra are 13 and 12 second cars, respectively, particularly not at 6 PSI on a JRSC. If more integras were running 12s with a 6 PSI JRSCd Integra, you'd think there would be more Supra TTs on sale.... Sorry, but there is a HUGE difference between the two. So I've seen the video and the timeslip of the integra, but no mods, and I've seen the mods of the civic, but no video or timeslip. If you believe them, then you're gullible... Such far fetched claims warrant PROOF!!! IT's not as easy to get into the 12s as everyone thinks, particularly not with a Honda

1 - 20 of 23 Posts