Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've got an auto coupe. ( i know i know) But i am interested in nitrous as far as power goes. Just wondering if anyone is spraying in their autos? and, if any parts of the tranny needed to be beefed up like the torque converter? by the way, my car has just over 90,000 miles on here, and i just got a scheduled 90,000 mile maintenance a few hundred miles ago. I just told them not to replace the plugs and wires, because i was going to add aftermarket ones. any suggestions on what i should do? or shouldnt i go with nitrous. How much does it cost to fill a 10 lb bottle anyway? Approximately how long does a 10lb bottle last?
thanks for any hints/suggestions!
peace

· Registered
175 Posts
Well, auto is actually ideal for nitrous since it never stops spraying and you just mash your foot to the ground.

90k miles? Hmmm. I'd definately do a compression test and a leak-down test and make sure everything is on the up and up. If you have had the car it's whole life and maintained it perfectly and know it's in good shape you may be OK.

I can get a 10 lb bottle filled here in Cleveland for anywhere from $30 to $50 depending on where I go.

· Registered
153 Posts
My auto accord tranny is harsh slippin ..... im juss under 51,000 km .... um.. beef up yer tourque converter.... Im goin Level Ten

· Registered
432 Posts
damn, it's about time somebody else knew about beefin up automatics. I've been posting the same info for almost 2 years. nobody used to think an auto could beat a manual. YEP, get a level ten torque converter... www.levelten.com

or www.protorque.com another good HOnda Automatic tranny site.

Don't email these places, just call them. They have great customer service over the phone, and can answer a lot of questions!

Start with the converter, it helps out shitloads!

YOu need anything else let me know!

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically, a couple more questions.
1) how much does a compression test cost? can i get this done at my local honda dealer?
2)How much do level ten torque converters cost?
3)Anything else i need to do?
thanks for the help
peace

· Registered
432 Posts
1) yeah, you can get it done at a local honda dealer for about $100. Or you could probably go to sears and get the tester for $50, and you'd be set for life.

2) Go to www.levelten.com They've got it all. Torque Converters are $498 for imports. (but more for custom applications)

3)Go race. After you spray a few runs, you'll want even more. Start beefing up your fuel system with bigger fuel rail, pump, injectors, regulator (adjustable) and filter. Then get a way to monitor and control it all. Get a few gauges, and Something like the Apexi Piggybacks, or a stand alone management system.

You always want to tune your air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure, and nitrous/fuel mixture. That's the key to not detonating your engine, AND going fast.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey man, thank you so so much for helping me out! ;)
$100 bucks though for a compression test? Damn! what about plugs and wires. Do you have any recommendations? I still need to replace those yet.
thanks again
peace

· Registered
145 Posts
Well i have a zex nitrous kit in my bedroom closet as we speak

I did the following changes today

NGK 1 degree colder spark plugs* marine style *
Changed motor oil
oil filter

soon when my gas runs out.. Im gonna put some 92 octane in with some fuel injector cleaners

and this weeek HOPEFULLY ill get my Zex kit installed :)

<-- AUtomatic EX owner

· Registered
432 Posts
For the plug wires, here's what I can get you and these are all brand new. Can be shipped out on monday if you're interested. Personally, I recommend the NGK plugs and wires. They plugs are GREAT, and the wires are JUST ABOUT as good as the others... considering the price! Which is 50-100 dollars cheaper. BUT, that still doesn't mean they don't perform. Depending on how much your budget is, really. If you can spring for it, the NOLOGY and the ViTek's would give you a little better ignition blast.

----------
*High Performance SOHC Vtec wires:
NGK (blue) - $45
Neuspeed (yellow) - $88
Lightspeed (yellow) - $65
Mr. Gasket (blue/red/yellow) - $67
NOLOGY (red/yellow/black/blue) - $144
Vitek (yellow/white/silver/red/blue/purple/green/black) - $133

(non-vtec wires are about the same price. These may only be a few dollars less (3-15) than what all the other speedshops sell them for.. but my discounts aren't very BIG. At least you KNOW what you're getting, and it saves you a few bucks.

*Performance Spark Plugs:
I'm not telling you what to get or anything, but your best options would the the bosch platinum or ANY of the NGK ones.

Bosch Super Plugs - $1.32 each (you'll need 4)
Bosch Platinum Plugs - $2.44 each

NGK V-Power Plugs - $2.16 each
NGK PLATINUM PLUGS - $10.92 EACH. It may be surprising, but they are five times as much as the others. Believe me, they are 10 time better though. If you're looking to save money, get the better plugs and cheaper wires.

Just my opinion. You don't have to buy these from my source though. I'm not advertising here, just letting you know what you're up against. But if you do want them, just let me know.

· Registered
145 Posts
Wow, thanks man..

Can u please tell me more specific as in which wire?

So when i flip the switch, it Activates the Nitrous

then i must Push a Button so nitrous sprays.. But when u let go of the Button, the nitrous stops spraying?

Please answer these questions, Thanks again BRO!

1-more question!!.. so the wire i cut.. Do i just take that wire and Hook it up to a Button?..

*maybe i could hook it up to my Horn**

· Registered
432 Posts
don't cut it, TAP into it...

If you're not that skilled with auto electric wiring you might not want to be messing with your nitro buttons;)

JK :D

· Registered
11 Posts
Here is a little drawing...
S= switch B= button
Before:

After:

\_______B_____/

i don't think it matters which wire you cut but yeah it should work good luck

· Registered
432 Posts
KoRe:
That's a pretty good detailed drawing... considering ALL the tools you had to work with! SWEET!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.