Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, today when I was in the turn lane to SubWay waiting for the clear to turn the car would jump when I was just sitting there it would move it just kinda did a little jerk, it did it a few times. It seems to only do it when the A/C is on, but its not the A/C turning on. I was just seeing if anyone had any ideas of what its from
Thanks, Joe!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I chekced it out again, the RPM will be at about 1000 and when I turn the AC on it goes to about 500RPM them back up. It ginda makes a Phhum....phummm...phuummm noise.

Another thing that started up at the same time (not sure if its the same deal) when I come start accelerating slow the car jerks for about a second or 2.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
when you turn on the ac, you put a load on the engine that it didnt have before. the idle dips before the motor has a chance to adjust the idle up to compensate, then the car wont have as much power, especially at low rpm where the motor doesnt make a whole lot of power anyway... this sounds pretty normal to me...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Jo060 said:
I chekced it out again, the RPM will be at about 1000 and when I turn the AC on it goes to about 500RPM them back up. It ginda makes a Phhum....phummm...phuummm noise.

Another thing that started up at the same time (not sure if its the same deal) when I come start accelerating slow the car jerks for about a second or 2.
i dont think the rpms should be dropping that much. when was the last time you had a tuneup? is your ac working ok?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AC works great. I'm not sure when the last tune up was. But Im taking it to garage tomorrow to see what they can find (its all free for 30days,warranty) I guesss I"ll see what he says.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts