Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got one? I'm looking at ordering one soon, and I wanted to know what they're like. They weigh in at 5.6kg (roughly 12lbs). Anyone know what the stock flywheel weight is, and how much benefit I will get from the JUN flywheel??

·
Registered
756 Posts
Demonlude said:
Has anyone got one? I'm looking at ordering one soon, and I wanted to know what they're like. They weigh in at 5.6kg (roughly 12lbs). Anyone know what the stock flywheel weight is, and how much benefit I will get from the JUN flywheel??
stock weighs ~18lbs.

i went to order a JUN, but they've been backordered since May, and fidanza is backordered as well...so i got the ClutchMasters 8lb flywheel instead.

are you getting a new clutch too?

i noticed a definately improvement. the car is just a little more prone to stall now though, if i don't give it a little more gas when starting out slow.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm looking for a new clutch too. Any advice on what to get and from where? I want something uprated, but not too agressive, as 90% of my driving is on the street. I could also do with a good online store to buy from, as I'm based in the UK.
Hmm, it's just my luck that they're on back order! :rolleyes: I'll see if I can get one sent in from Japan. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Demonlude said:
Yes I'm looking for a new clutch too. Any advice on what to get and from where? I want something uprated, but not too agressive, as 90% of my driving is on the street. I could also do with a good online store to buy from, as I'm based in the UK.
Hmm, it's just my luck that they're on back order! :rolleyes: I'll see if I can get one sent in from Japan. :)
can't go wrong with ACT clutches. :D

i got the XTSS-extreme plate with the organic street/strip disc, the clutch is tight but i like it that way... ;) i ordered mine from a buddy in kentucky. btw, the XTSS is the most expensive kit they sell $495 msrp(paid $415), you'd probably want something along the lines of the HDSS.

·
Registered
376 Posts
my .o2

i have a clucthmasters stage 4 with the lightn flywheel, and i drive everyday on the street and its great, no problems, its not that hard to handle on the road, and teh flywheel helps rev up quicker and drop rpms faster......

gettin it installed here was the big hassle, the fact mine is a sh gave some poeple a hard time...

i wanted the stage 4 cuase i completely lost my stock clutch and it left me without any gears... plus i wanted to replace it b4 i got my turbo..... which should be installed in about 7-10 weeks...

PLUS having a stage 4 clucth, people specialy girls that want to drive your car cuase they think its cool understand that they cant drive it cause its "to hard to handle" when if fact u dont want the girl driving at all.. :) :D :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The HDSS with organic street/strip disc is available from preludeparts.com for $319. I'll see how much it costs to ship to the UK. Any ideas where I might find it cheaper??
I'll let you know how I get on with the JUN flywheel from Japan :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
Re: my .o2

98_prelude_sh said:
PLUS having a stage 4 clucth, people specialy girls that want to drive your car cuase they think its cool understand that they cant drive it cause its "to hard to handle" when if fact u dont want the girl driving at all.. :) :D :D
i don't mind letting 'em drive IF they can do so without wrecking the car or grinding my synchros... i don't let one of my friends drive it anymore after i heard him grinding the pure shit out of them constantly.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was lookin into a clucth and flywheel upgrade myself. I found that the HDSS would be a pretty good buy and $319 from preludeparts is probably pretty good. A local shop was going to charge me $395. Now I need a flywheel. Any Advice????¿

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flywheel

At the moment, I'm looking at ordering the flywheel from Takakaira.com in Japan. The JUN flywheel is 40,000 Japanese Yen. It's 12lbs, so it's not too light, but still 6lbs lighter than stock.

·
Registered
814 Posts
does that mean that the jdm flywheel weighs more than the usdm one??? i should go weigh mine...

·
Registered
78 Posts
stay away from the CM/Fidanza flywheel.. we have broken 2 in our b20/vtec crx race car and this past weekend one of our compeditors broke one and was unable to race on sunday's race. the bolt holes become elongated and it sounds like you spun the hell out of a rod bering.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts