Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup my predicament remains.. it seems remus can only offer me a 2" system.
I was told borla made good stuff, but id have to get a universal muffler.
they offer many options
check it out
also, what about the 5zigen? one of the stickies has a guy w/ green fourth gen saying its good, however ive heard from someone(maybe him, i forget) that it can get a "bit ricey when you get on it)

I want a deep sound. To have a true deep exhaust on a honda, it cant really be that loud. That's great because I dont want loud. "loud" for me isnt just lawn mower loud. A drone on the highway for me is loud. I dont want a headache. I want a deep, nearly german sound (pshh i know its an import ;) )that sounds good when you get on it, but i dont want to attact attention. Ive had guys tell me the evo2 is quiet. Well perhaps it is relatively, but after hearing it on a 06 civic si, i can personally say that i think it is not my taste. Too loud, i can tell who it is everytime it passes by my house.
So, Greddy evo2 is borderline too loud for me. I want deep.
What shoudl i get???? borla? 5zigen?
everybody says RSR too, but most of the clips i hear make me sick. Nearly all of them sound very high pitched and quiet. I want quiet, but not a little high pitched wine! Maybe it sounds better in real life, but imo, those clips ive found rnt impressing me.

sort of like this....
http://www.zukko.com/julian/temp/P0003907.wav

its about as close as i can find to what im looking for...
what should i do?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Mugen is the only exhaust i've heard that I actually like on the prelude. I'm extremely picky though as I really don't like the sound of most 4 cylinder engines. However mugen is also going to cost you a small fortune ~1k and take a decent amount of time for you to get it.

Honestly, if I were to get an exhaust for my prelude it would be as simple as a cut out. It's going to gain just as much power as any full exhaust but it's going to be a lot cheaper, not draw unwanted attention, and you can turn it on and off.

Edit: Don't rely on others to tell you what sounds good and what doesn't. Everyone has their own opinion and chances are it will differ from yours. If you want to see pictures, sounds clips and prices check out the FAQ - there's a thread dedicated to exhausts on both 4th gens and 5th gens.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, ive looked and the 5zigen impressed me.
however, i just found this clip of it

and woww! best piece of evidence toward the fact that clips arent consistent with real life sound... that thing sounds completely differenet that the one in the faqs, this clip is borderline rice!
i need someone with actual experience to clear it up.
does the 5zigen really sound like that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.