Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 92 S for $1500 today guys...dont have too much experience with ludes so i will be here regularly now...anyways, i believe the h22 is should be a direct swap right?

I've read a few articles about doing a h22 into a civic but I got this car at a steal so i will be swapin into this one instead, figure it'll b easier too...

so can anyone lead me as to where to start pertaining to the wiring and little nessaries??? got any web sites i can visit? any threads i can visit that has already talked about before?

how much of a problem will it be? should be a direct drop in without too much headaches right? or is there any tips or secrets i should know about this swap???

thanks, looking to do this swap this coming spring...

·
Registered
123 Posts
From what ive heard its pretty much a direct swap and then you just run 2 more wires for the vtec solenoid. Ive seen a tutorial with pics and good descriptions of this swap, from an s- vtec. I just cant seem to find it right now. Ill post it when i find it. Good luck with the swap man, im planning to do this swap also a little later when i get more money.

Edit: Found it
http://lude92.tripod.com/VTECLude/id2.html

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much for hookin up with the site, that site is pretty tight, thanks to the guys who did the swap and make the site too...

one last thing, could someone give me the gear ratios if possible for the 3 diff trannys of the S, Si and the VTEC? I'll be doin some research on google too but just in case someone here knew it too...

and also, how much power will each one be able to handle without having a fat rebuild? I'm not lookin for more then 250hp, maybe a 50 shot and that'll b about it...will my stock S be able to handle that?

I've heard that having longer gears is actually good for N20, is this right? what i really mean is, is there something wrong with that comment?

·
Registered
661 Posts
The good thing about having longer gears with N20 is because with short gears the engine revs up so quickly that its possible to be spraying when you are at fuel cutoff = bad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts