Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I just bought a 01 white Prelude 5spd with 28k miles for $12k. but my question is does anyone have exhaust sound clips of greddy, dc sports, hks, etc.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
damn, that's a sweet deal. Congrats.

ps, i hate you j/k

·
Registered
845 Posts
that absolutely pisses me off!. i paid 16500 for my '98sh. good deal, nice car. on the exhaust(imo) go with thermal r&d. peace.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
1998typesh said:
that absolutely pisses me off!. i paid 16500 for my '98sh. good deal, nice car. on the exhaust(imo) go with thermal r&d. peace.
agreed! I don't think they make an hks for a lude. DC is no go. And greddy is okay. Personally i would look into thermal (www.thermalrd.com) apexi (ws or n1), skunk2, or rs-r.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
man, that's a sweet deal. There are sound clips on here just use the search function and see what you can find. I would say go with an apexi N1 or if you have the $$$ mugen, good luck with your car man.

·
Registered
605 Posts
thats a good deal.. nice lude.. u should drop it before u get ur exhuast.. i like my apex n1..

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
I've got the DC Sports stainless steel catback and it sounds powerful as hell. Deep and smooth and has great clearance because of the can being very long and flat. I make it look new every two washes with steel wool! Don't have any complaints except the headers are your basic mass produced header with minimal gains. I've got it coupled with a stainless steel straight pipe and there's no buzz whatsoever!

·
Registered
440 Posts
my vote goes to rsr.. ive had mine about a year and I love it.. apexi n1 is way to f'ing loud and ricey for the extra 1 hp... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
tourhcky said:
my vote goes to rsr.. ive had mine about a year and I love it.. apexi n1 is way to f'ing loud and ricey for the extra 1 hp... just my 2 cents
depends on what you call loud......i got the n1, it doesnt sound ricey at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for all the replies everyone, yeah it is a great deal.

so you guys reccomend the Apexi N1 then? hows the GReddy EVO2??

I want something with a nice deep sound to it, nothing ricey and nothing extremely loud. I've heard the EVO2 on the rsx-s and I like how it sounds, but the prelude and rsx are 2 different cars so I guess u cant compare. I've also heard a DC Sports exhaust on the prelude and I liked it, it had like a dual muffler tip. If anyone can link sound clips I'd really appreciate it! thanks

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
n1 and call it a day

1 - 20 of 42 Posts