Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, i just bought a S2K last week...and want some opinions from everyone out there.
I bought the car for $13000 from Indiana, the car is running great only has 32000 Miles on it. Because this is a rebuilt vehicle, but the condition on the car is excellent. My problem right now is that the SRS light is on due to no airbags in it. is there anyway i can turn off the SRS light without putting back an airbag???
and what kind of transmission oil would you guys suggest me to use?? because i lived in georgia, and the car was in the northern part, so the weather is kinda different between these two areas.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I've never disassembled the gauge cluster on mine, and since these are digital it might be different than the other ones I've taken apart...

but on others (like my prelude, accord, and almost every other car I've ever seen) it's just a incandescent bulb behind a plastic, colored filter with the SRS printing on it...

so theoretically, you should be able to just remove the bulb from the cluster and the light won't illuminate. That works on every car I've seen with an analog gauge cluster... but this being digital, it might be different... I dont know since I've never taken it apart.

Congrats on the buy though, that's a pretty good price. Where was the damage at??

post some pics, I'd like to see it. what year is it??

and I live in Atlanta... just use the Honda factory transmission fluid... get it from the dealer. I know, it's expensive, but you can't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Whats up with all these Georgia s2k owners poping up everywhere....you must have a big influence on those people clone. Congrats on the car man...welcome to the club :hug :tu

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the damage was on the front and the fenders...but it stops at the AC, didn't hurt the radiator....i drove back 8.5 hours from indiana without overheating the car. so i assume is good... :) and the car is year 2000.
one of my friend told me to use mobil One Transmisson oil...would that work just fine???

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
damn straight!! I bought one, and now everyone wants to copy me... fuckin posers...

haha, yeah right... there's just a lot of people in the ATL, and we all wanna ride in style.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
not bad... interesting body kit. I dont really know if I like it or not yet though... I'm on the fence right now....

where'd you say the damage was? front end?

where in GA are you?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clone said:
not bad... interesting body kit. I dont really know if I like it or not yet though... I'm on the fence right now....

where'd you say the damage was? front end?

where in GA are you?
The damage was on the Front bumper and both fenders....
i lived in Gwinnett area.... :)
Hope to see you on the Highways...Hahaha

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
save the money on the wing and buy a new set of rims... the 16s, in my opinion, are too small for the car stock, much less with the body kit.

as for the vtec controller, if you really want one get a VAFC and have it dyno tuned... I wouldn't buy it just to mess with the vtec point cause you'll hurt the power of the car... these S2Ks are really, really well tuned from the factory, and most changes/mods tend to hurt the performance... especially when it comes to ecu tuning...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
WES2K said:
i like the front bumber and side skirts...c-west right??? they're either c-west or a c-west knock off. not feeling the hood though, its not bad, but it makes the car look like a viper and its not all that functional. i'm guessing it did not come with the stock hood because of the damage. i'd say swap it out for a stock one, either that or if you got some $$$ laying around go with the amuse hood or something similar. I wouldn't go with a GT wing unless you are going to be tracking your car, or unless you are really into GT wings. If so i prefer of course the JDM ones like c-west(would be nice so you could be c-west all around), mugen, ASM, etc(all of wich are $$$). I think a small rear wing would compliment you car better, either the BYS or even the optional Honda one. I agree with clone, don't get the VAFC use your money else where. Is he the only GPW on the board????

·
Registered
2,705 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
wow id never of thought id like a s2k with a body kit.
sharp! i even think the hoods good looking. only thing id change is the rims.
some black with chrome lip would look cool my opinion

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Boski said:
i like the front bumber and side skirts...c-west right??? they're either c-west or a c-west knock off. not feeling the hood though, its not bad, but it makes the car look like a viper and its not all that functional. i'm guessing it did not come with the stock hood because of the damage. i'd say swap it out for a stock one, either that or if you got some $$$ laying around go with the amuse hood or something similar. I wouldn't go with a GT wing unless you are going to be tracking your car, or unless you are really into GT wings. If so i prefer of course the JDM ones like c-west(would be nice so you could be c-west all around), mugen, ASM, etc(all of wich are $$$). I think a small rear wing would compliment you car better, either the BYS or even the optional Honda one. I agree with clone, don't get the VAFC use your money else where. Is he the only GPW on the board????
Yup, its a c-west front bumper

GT Wing :td

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
BTW Congratulations on your s2k! looks hot, and if it only was minor body damage its a steal for 13K

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Boski said:
i knew you would know c-west freak ;)
:D

(homer mode ) mmmm dry carbonnn

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for all the opinions...i'm saving some $$ right now...so i can have new rims....and possiblely a better suspension...Tein or Apexi....don't know yet....either one cost over $2000......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.