Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i cant really figure out if my 91 Si is really having problems or not, It feels like i lost power but I cant tell for sure... I just feels weird like something only I would notice since its my everyday driver. The only like actual like obvious problem im seeing is that sometimes when i start up my car it idles at 1.5k and then after i drive a lil it then idles at 700ish. I went down the list of what it could be maybe the plugs need to be replaced which could explain my lack of power, but that doesn't explain the idleing. then thought it could be the fuel filter but once again how would that make me idle higher?
My main relay went bad a week or two ago and havent gotten a chance to get a new one and i thought maybe thats the reason if the main relay is used by the fuel system, but then why didnt this problem show up to begin with?

· Registered
10,272 Posts
Well the car is supposed to idle high when you first start up to warm up the engine...1500rpm is a tad high for a cold start but I wouldn't worry.

If your car feels slow you are probably just getting used to the 1.6 sohc beast. :p

· Registered
496 Posts
So i cant really figure out if my 91 Si is really having problems or not, It feels like i lost power but I cant tell for sure... I just feels weird like something only I would notice since its my everyday driver. The only like actual like obvious problem im seeing is that sometimes when i start up my car it idles at 1.5k and then after i drive a lil it then idles at 700ish. I went down the list of what it could be maybe the plugs need to be replaced which could explain my lack of power, but that doesn't explain the idleing. then thought it could be the fuel filter but once again how would that make me idle higher?
My main relay went bad a week or two ago and havent gotten a chance to get a new one and i thought maybe thats the reason if the main relay is used by the fuel system, but then why didnt this problem show up to begin with?
idle air control (IAC)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.