Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just dropped my car on gc's and koni yellows.....i got this setup because everyone says that its the best on accords....but to me the ride is shitty!!! i feel every bump on the road....and it is getting annoying.....is there something that could have been done wrong....me and my friend put it in....thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
nope, you did it right.

i've got neuspeed sports and bilsteins which seem to be a pretty mild setup compared to GCs and koni yellow.

if it's really that bad get some lower rate ERS springs from eibach, and set your shocks to full soft.

otherwise, you were never meant to drive a lowered car.

·
Registered
625 Posts
AcCoRd DoRiFtU said:
i totally agree. experiment with different settings. plus you have to break in your new koni's and gcs... they will settle as you drive your car more and you will feel the instantaneous difference, trust me on this one....

0ne.nightrider-gsR

BTW how much did you get it for?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i'm on gc's and kyb agx. My ride is smooth with my settings at 2 in the front and 4 in the rear. Perhaps you just set your shocks too stiff?

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm thinking, it just has to break in, thats all, give it 2 to 3 weeks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i guess ill have to just wait and see what happens...thanks yall
nightrider-gsr
i paid 325 for the gcs and 525 for the konis.....also should the spring rate be higher or lower in the back??? because i was thinking that i had the springs switched...cuz my bro did the same thing on a 98 accord and the ride was a lot better after he switched them back

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Accord_f22 your car is awesome dudes!! I wish i had a car like you and whoa F22 that must be one of those JDM type motors right. haha kris thats elven right there his sn is kleankord or watever

·
Registered
66 Posts
coilovers for the most part ride like shit
Ill never put coilovers on my car again unless its a set of tein's or apex .
coilovers did over a thousand dollars worth of damge to my car (weapon-r) DONT EVER BUY WEAPON R COILOVERS

·
Registered
625 Posts
dumpedaccord said:
coilovers for the most part ride like shit
Ill never put coilovers on my car again unless its a set of tein's or apex .
coilovers did over a thousand dollars worth of damge to my car (weapon-r) DONT EVER BUY WEAPON R COILOVERS

thats why people should keep in mind the old saying..., "Do it right the first time..."

0ne[nightrider-gsR]

BTW: i have teins... *heee :D *

·
Registered
155 Posts
where can i get some good tein SS ? i think the SS fits my car...
Does Apexi N1 coilover fit 6th gen accords? or just the Ws damper...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts