Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Dynoed My Crx B18c-r NOT TO HAPPY =( NBRS INSIDE!!!

Well finally after weeks of trying to get this car to run properly and for the 3rd time at the dyno, and an 8hr wait for them just to put my car on the dyno to tune it. Well first off let me tell you guys what i have done to the car and maybe you guys can help me out. To my understanding this is what the motor comes stock.

Its a JDM 1999 Integra Type R (B18c-R)
Horsepower: [email protected]
Torque: [email protected]
Compression: 11.0:1

What I have Done to this motor.

Skunk2 Stg2 Cams
Skunk2 Camgears
Skunk2 ValveSprings
Skunk2 Intake Manifold w/Hondata IM Heatshield Gasket
Spoon Headgasket
Spoon ThrottleBody
RC 310 Injectors
AEM Fuel Rail + AEM AFPR
Spoon Headers 2.5"
Carsound Cat 2.5"
Greddy SP2 Exhaust
AEM Cold Air Intake

Dyno results were very poor and I was not happy at all.
After 12 runs and lots of timing advancing the car ran properly but the numbers were horrible in my perspective, I was expecting a little over 200hp but thats not what the car produced.

Dyno Horsepower was = 184hp
Dyno Torque was = 123lbs tq

I was told that something wasn't right with my car but the problem might be that i have to do some porting to my head because there is a lot of air flowing through the motor and without porting it, its being restricted, was also told to get bigger injectors as power was dying after 8300rpm or so.

What do you guys think could possibly going on with the car, why such small numbers on such a motor with those upgrades. Will porting make a big difference or could there be something else causing this lack of power and torque.

Car was tuned by Frank @ South Florida Performance

·
Registered
693 Posts
the car and engine look good but sorry to hear about your dyno run, don't know much engines but am learning.
seeing that you did all that work and now you have to pull the head off again to have it ported and polished, that sucks. good luck

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
thats actually some decent torque at the wheels. The thing to remember here is these numbers are at the wheels so its actually not bad numbers

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The injectors are plenty big, so don't worry about that. Also the ITR head flows the best out of any b-series head and is defientely enough for your setup. The problem lies somehwere else. I didn't see Hondata listed in your mods, I would look into that. It sounds like to just need a good tuning device.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yea that is pretty decent because u do lose power through the drivetrain..y dont you order an ACT lightened flywheel....that adds horses to the wheels because you lose a lot with a stock flywheel.. :evil

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok sorry I forgot to include the other mods.

P28 Hondata S200 Ecu
Toda 8lbs Flywheel
Toda FullFace Clutch
C's Short Shifter
Cusco Strut Bar
Cusco Front Lower Strut Bar
DC Sports rear Lower Strut Bar
Eibach Sport Springs
Tokico Shocks

I believe thats everything I have but don't know if it makes a difference except for the Hondata Ecu. Even Frank the Tuner wasn't happy with the numbers, I'm sure he expected a bit more from the setup I have. I'm sure that 200+ is very possible, we'll see as in the next 2 weeks we will be doing the porting and polishing and 3 angle valve job and some other stuff, hope it makes a difference. It seems to never End.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing I can think of is that maybe my skunk2 stg2 are not stg2 just stg1 or maybe i'm missing a ground somewhere or maybe there is a leak in the valves or I really don't know, even Frank didn't know all he could say is take the head off and start from there I'm sure you're numbers will change for the better. So my question is, should I do all this work to the head, I also thought that the ITR head already had a port and polish from factory. what if one of the valves are slightly bent or what if a wire somewhere is not connected properly. What numbers should I be expecting from my Setup, it has about 11:5 compression. I hear so many of you that are N/A pushing over 200hp and over 135lbs of torque with pretty much my same setup. Any techies outhere have some advice?

·
Registered
854 Posts
can you honestly say it was worth it to spend thousands and thousands of dollars modding a b18c and still end up with less than 200hp?

what is the total for all thoes mods you listed?
it sux that you spent all that money on top end parts and people are running around with their stock sohc's with 1000$ turbo kits and pushing more hp than you.

·
Registered
371 Posts
You should post up the dyno graph, I'm curious to see what the hp and tq curves look like.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That flywheel will take away some torque but it should up the hp slightly. Maybe try having it tuned by another tuner. Also, I believe that Skunk2 puts the correct timing into their cams, i.e., you dont need cam gears. Try using your stock cam gears or zero out the skunks and having it retuned by someone else. On Skunk's website they have a dyno of the stage 1 cams putting down 183hp over the ITR's 170hp, so I would assume the stage 2's would be more. Dont go with any bigger injectors, those are plenty enough. Also how big is your throttle body? If its bigger than the stock swap it out and try the ITR. And what do you mean by "running properly"? How was it running before the tune?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the spoon throttle body must be like 70mm if i'm not wrong. Before the dyno the car was bogging out at 5k-6200k and was running really weird. Before the first time i went to the dyno after i installed the injectors the car ran pretty good but seemed to be running lean. Like i said the car is fast as hell but the numbers weren't so impressive.

·
Registered
682 Posts
acuraGSR18 has a similar set-up, but he hasn`t dynoed it yet, also, what is ur redline, he has pistons and head gasket and other stuff and he is happy with his results..... i dont know, but i did the drivetrain loss as 15 percent and came up with 170hp to the wheels... maybe u just need some more tuning, and also, with stiffer valve springs you will lose some power while u gain power, they r so stiff to get the valves to seat, but they r usually to stiff to help power at all.... LOL........ also, it is 200h.p. at the crank stock, not 210.....

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
SuperSleeper said:
That flywheel will take away some torque but it should up the hp slightly. Maybe try having it tuned by another tuner. Also, I believe that Skunk2 puts the correct timing into their cams, i.e., you dont need cam gears. Try using your stock cam gears or zero out the skunks and having it retuned by someone else. On Skunk's website they have a dyno of the stage 1 cams putting down 183hp over the ITR's 170hp, so I would assume the stage 2's would be more. Dont go with any bigger injectors, those are plenty enough. Also how big is your throttle body? If its bigger than the stock swap it out and try the ITR. And what do you mean by "running properly"? How was it running before the tune?
adjustable cam gears are always a good idea to fine tune the timing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Vtec is set to kick in at 5300 rpms and redline is set to 9200 rpms. My question is, will the headwork be worth it and how much more horses will I get getting a port, polish, 3 angle valve job and all the other goodies. Money is not an issue and if i have to pay $1k to get this car to go over 200hp then I will do it, I just don't want to throw my money away as i've done with so many expensive parts that i've bought. I do have adjustable cam gears. I have to get a reprint of the dyno graph bcz they didn't have ink at the time of dyno and no disk to save the info on, but i'm sure its in there system. If not i'm going to get another dyno this saturday as they are having a special for $40 dollars for 3 runs at Speed Injectors, guess i better get up at 7am for this, I can see a line of cars waiting to dyno there cars.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts