Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked the car up today from PFI in Ft.Collins Colorado...wow.....they gave me a free dyno run..and i pulled 143hp and 118tq (COLORADO)...anyways...i have a butt ugly tenzo intake on there and was wondering what intake will fit (aem,dc, and so on) so i can get rid of it..thanks

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
oncehadateg said:
just picked the car up today from PFI in Ft.Collins Colorado...wow.....they gave me a free dyno run..and i pulled 143hp and 118tq (COLORADO)...anyways...i have a butt ugly tenzo intake on there and was wondering what intake will fit (aem,dc, and so on) so i can get rid of it..thanks
What happened to the b16b you wanted?? Umm, you can put any brand intake on there, as long as it is designed for that engine, brands do not matter with fitment. I would say an AEM or Injen. I wanna see what you run this weekend, if you're running.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm happy for you and good luck. To answer your question it depends on what your future mods will be; as for intake i'd get AEM CAI or INJEN intake. That was a good first pull. My fisrt pull on my GSR was 138WHP and 113lbs my second pull was 148.3WHP and 118lbs the guy who dyno my car said that it needed a little oil. He told me that VTEC is very sensitive to oil pressure and temp as well. Hope this helps.:megat:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
cool dude...what gen Civic? How much did it cost? Post this in non-tech ;) Good dyno run :) And what kind of intake do you want? CAI or SRI?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot guys for replyin...so i just get a intake for a gsr- i wont have fitment problems in my 92 hatch?...by the way i want CAI...
Jai- i actually had a 98 spec r (itr-supposidly had 210hp @ the flywheel) for 5200 but the guy was a ass and wouldnt let me pay with a credit card (stupid huh)..i will be runnin on sunday probably see ya there if your goin..
Pro- sorry about the wrong forum (still new) .. its in a 92 civic hatch cx, paid around 3300 and got some extras (more $)- it's pretty quick for colorado...i'll tell ya the sir cluster came in handy( no tach in cx).

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
oncehadateg said:
thanks alot guys for replyin...so i just get a intake for a gsr- i wont have fitment problems in my 92 hatch?...by the way i want CAI...
Jai- i actually had a 98 spec r (itr-supposidly had 210hp @ the flywheel) for 5200 but the guy was a ass and wouldnt let me pay with a credit card (stupid huh)..i will be runnin on sunday probably see ya there if your goin..
Pro- sorry about the wrong forum (still new) .. its in a 92 civic hatch cx, paid around 3300 and got some extras (more $)- it's pretty quick for colorado...i'll tell ya the sir cluster came in handy( no tach in cx).
Where or who did the swap for you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would have done it myself if i had the time ...but i was helping my buddy finish his crx b16a swap (fucking fast car now) and PFI did it pretty quick and got a good hookup...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I think Speed Image does GS-R swaps for 3200, and take em less than a day. My friend got his shit with a Mugen chip, and it redlines at 10k, not that he would push it that high, but he could if he wanted to. Smokes Prelude SH's, which is pretty good for a Civic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts