Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a 91 2.1 SI lude got questions! pics up!

someone told me its got 4 wheel steering [true or flase?]

its got a cracked block but on the other hand very clean body [worth fixing?]

its also got an auto tranny

if decide not to fix how much is it worth as is?

if fixed how much is it worth?

·
Registered
349 Posts
albertodawn said:
someone told me its got 4 wheel suspension [true or flase?] True, but dated
its got a cracked block but on the other hand very clean body [worth fixing?] No, Buy a Junkyard engine w/ low miles

its also got an auto tranny get the stick tranny with the engine

if decide not to fix how much is it worth as is?Seriously, about $100

if fixed how much is it worth?Maybe $1200 or so

will post pics of it tomorrow...

cool

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
i think you meant 4ws. 4 wheel steering.
if it's got the 4ws badge on it, or if you crank the wheel all the way one way while parked, you'll know, b/c the back wheels would turn.

cracked block?
swap it for a jdm b20a.
the b21 is NOTORIOUS for burning TONS of oil.

www.preludepower.com has faq's about the engine swap, about the tranny swap, and about everything else you want to know about your car.

the 3rd gen forum is by far the biggest collection of 3rd gen prelude owners (most likely in the world)

·
Registered
3 Posts
if the body is pristine, (rust free) and it does have 4ws, you may fetch up to 1000 dollars. Fixed, twice that easily.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The 1990-1991 preludes are bastards. Sell it and be done... You will want to shoot yourself for all the misery it will give you.. I promise.. been there done that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
^^ I think he's saying that because of problems with the B21A1 engine. The 2.1 liter is notorious for oil burning and piston ring killing. This is because it uses fiber reinforced metal sleeves that are much stronger than conventional sleeves and require the user to be much more careful with break in, oil used, and the time between oil changes.

However, you stated that you have a 2.0Si, this means you have the B20A5, this engine is known to be more reliable because it is built using conventional materials. It is also a more readily available engine from engine suppliers. And a B20A5 would drop in with no additional modification.

Flywsi mentioned the jdm B20A, this engine had 10(correct me if I'm wrong) more horses, and the jdm engines are usually low milage, and fairly unmolested. If you are super lucky, you may be able to find a B21A, benefits of having 2.1 liters, but without thr FRM sleeves. B20A's usually run about 600-650 plis shipping. You may be able to get one that price shipped. Just check out preludepower.com , everything you need to know is there

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump for some more opinions and i also put up some pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suggest you fix it. Drop in a JDM B20A and enjoy the drive. Did you check out preludepower.com ? If you really want info, go there. This aint a typical honda ya got here, its a completly different breed of animal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did and thev got almost evrything i need to do anything to this car i felt inspired didnt think they were so popular so i think ill consider fixing...
thnkz...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts