Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY everybody, ecstatic here! Finally in a honda again! Had a DSM nightmare :mad but im back into a honda again! YES! :clap Anyhow, it's a 92 integra rs and I'd really like some input on some cool inexpensive mods or well worth it more expensive projects/mods. expect to hear back from you all with some good ones. Thanks all U ROCK! :D

· Registered
413 Posts
i say decide what you really want to do with the car before you start buying things (like auto-x, 1/4, etc..)

IMO i say put some money down on a good supsension setup consisting of coilovers, swaybars, tie bars, etc...

but it really depends on your future plans for the car

congrats on comin back to the Honda family and good luck with it

· Registered
1,188 Posts
You can always boost those b18nonvtec motors love boost. but seriously figure out what you wanna do first then you can compose a parts list. in the meantimes do the suspension and rims. dont matter what you do to the motor you will always need a suspension.

WELCOME BACK.

· Registered
235 Posts
I agree with the statements above, create a goal/plan. Then accordingly to what you wanna do. My suggesting is to look into every route possible to reach your hp gains and then start modding. most of the time people jump the gun and mod stuff that didn't really fit their need.

· Registered
257 Posts
I would start off with a good tune up.
ngk vpower plugs #11
bigger wires
cap/rotor
Change the fuel filter
advance your timeing.
if you can live without power steering or ac then remove that.
remove cruise controll
oil change and tranny service
run some carbon buildup cleaner.

mods:
Fule pressure regulator
Intake
Exhaust
short shifter
put 94 and up cams in it(their a bit bigger)
gsr thorottle body.
Re ground.

Cheap speed mang.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
EnigmaCRX said:
HEY everybody, ecstatic here! Finally in a honda again! Had a DSM nightmare :mad but im back into a honda again! YES! :clap Anyhow, it's a 92 integra rs and I'd really like some input on some cool inexpensive mods or well worth it more expensive projects/mods. expect to hear back from you all with some good ones. Thanks all U ROCK! :D

by another car.

Jk. In all honesty supsension before all else. i'm even unhappy with the suspension on my gsr. so yeah

· Premium Member
18,243 Posts
EnigmaCRX said:

there's no such thing as "cool inexpensive mods" =P

let us know what your plans are, maybe we can help you out.

good luck, welcome back

· Banned
587 Posts
suspension and exterior mods. You wont get much for your money with performance parts. It takes alot to get any real hp out of a b18. ls/vtec is nice too.

· Registered
2 Posts
I pretty new but if you want my opinion i say intake,header,exhaust,internals,cams,turbo if you want to boost.
if not and you want to be fast then do a swap, b18c1, b18c5, or k20, b16 it's whatever my teg is runnin pretty hard but i'm about to go turbo. it's all about what u want to do.

· Registered
289 Posts
Damnit Kouki I can't rep you anymore, that sig has me laughing wayyy too much at work right now :D

· Registered
384 Posts
Assuming everything is in fresh, excellent running order (timing belt, distributor, etc) I would say start off with some one piece headlights and maybe a suspension modification. Depending on your budget, you could go anywhere from $150 - 200 springs to $4000 remote reservoir Quantum coilovers.

Beware of Ebay $35 springs and $15 lights. You get what you pay for with Ebay.

· Registered
130 Posts
ill sway if you are going n/a just buy a b18c1 just the motor .. 1200-1500$ or a cheap route b16a 600-1000$ ..you can use your tranny and wiring harness..and just buy a p28 ecu .. my buddy just bought his b16 for 650$ and dropped it in his 92 teg ..hes still running it nonvtec until he finds a good deal on a ecu but we dropped it in so all he paid for was for us of the shop which was 2$ an hour and it took us 6 hours .. just an i/h/e setup will cost about 800$ or more if you buy the namebrand stuff ..so just drive it sock for now and save money ..

· Registered
1,732 Posts
First mod I'd do to the DA is get some JDM one piece headlights. LOL!! :D I had my DA for 3 years, went thru 2 LS's, an LS/VTEC, 3 LS trannies, and 1 B16 tranny. lol. And just two weeks ago I put those lights on. Lol. But in all honesty, do suspension work, and strut bars...then get some lights!

· Registered
384 Posts
I don't know where to begin here. First off, let me first give the *disclaimer* that I AM NOT FLAMING YOU, MERELY REBUTTING A STATEMENT.

That being said, let me first state my own personal motto, coined after years of experience to the contrary: IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, DON'T DO IT. Don't scrounge around for a few bucks here and there to afford an engine you won't be able to use. A B18C1 with an LS tranny and non-VTEC ECU is absolutely pointless, not just to me, but to anyone with any kind of Honda common sense. I bet if you put that engine on a dyno it wouldn't have much more power than the LS, due to the intake manifold and ECU issues. The only additional power you might have would be due to the higher compression ratio. Also, the LS tranny on a VTEC motor is also pointless unless in a turbo application. The gear ratios are way too long and you would benefit very little from a NA B18C with an LS tranny.

Why would you do this? You're going to cut corners everywhere just to say you have a B18C1? You'll be doing all this work and putting forth all this effort just to re-do it later when you're ready to do it right. Do it right the first time, don't do it half ass first then redo it right later. If anything is a waste of money, that is.

You get what you pay for. An $800 I/H/E setup is probably R&D proven, is well made, and probably looks and sounds good. An $8 Ebay special setup is probably worth the $8 you'd get when you take it to the recycling center. Don't cut corners when it comes to building your car, especially when it comes to engine and suspension. Do it right the first time. Save the money if you don't have it. I'm not saying you have to spend millions on JDM bolts for your glovebox, but take the time and do things right. You want to do a swap? Save up and buy an XSi swap from Steve (hmotorsonline.com). It'll come with a cable 4.400 tranny, ECU, shift linkage, and axles. Everything you need to do it THE RIGHT WAY. Or, you can try and source a YS1 LSD and mate it to a B18C1. I assumed that it was a little out of your range so I thought I would suggest more bang-for-the-buck modifications. However, if you want and can afford a swap, don't half ass it, PLEASE.

I'll reiterate my suggestions, make sure the car is in perfect running order first and foremost. Its almost like painting a work of art, building a car is. You would never see an artist painting on an old, shabby canvas. Always on a perfectly clean and white new canvas. Make your car as close to a clean canvas as you can before you start "painting". That foundation you lay will be so much more worthwhile than spending money on an intake or whatnot when you still have an oil pan gasket leak.

I would say after the car is running great and all service is up to date, start with a mild/wild suspension setup (depending on what you want/can afford), and something small to change up the look of the car, something that makes it your own. The DA9 chassis is my favorite Honda chassis ever, so I can say that one piece headlights and a nice lowering spring/shock will make your car handle great and look really nice.

· Registered
130 Posts
it still up to you and how you drive your car.. besides i have seen a DA with a b18c1 with the stock tranny for it and that car was not slow at all ..i just went for a gsr tranny because the gears are not to short or to long .. if your love to drive your car like me racing really dont matter its just the fun factor .. but s suspension makes it better for curvy roads like near lake placid .. i just do engine first always .. and i also enjoy working on my car ..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.