Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup fellas, just picked up a prelude about a week ago.. pretty dope overall. ive wrenched on other cars such as my 5.0 mustang..it didnt have nearly as much technical/ electrical things like this 98 prelude

to start off, its a 98 SH, here are the list of mods done to it:

AEM intake
some powerful ass headlights(HID), each side of the car has some regulator that has to do with the headlights, ill check later
aftermarket header (i think its dc)
new front breaks, power steering belt and Cat converter
k fun stuff:
front end has an adjustable suspension(sport/touring)
rear springs were cut...smh -.-
adjustable ball joints
drilled/ slotted rotters
down pipe
glass pack
adjustable cam sprockets
AEM fuel rail
Radio/Speakers, Viper alarm
and short shifter

Alright, can any one walk me through some of the main mods that are listed, like aem fuel rail etc.. and what to look out for or keep an eye on, maintenance and so on. Thanks for looking.
also, when i begin to break and slightly turn, i notice theres a grinding noise, is something rubbing against the fender well? i took a look and i dont see anything..any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Is that all that was done? The fuel rail will just use more gas and eat up your mileage, The cam gears are pointless without aftermarket cams. Drilled and slotted rotors are known to eat brake pads faster, and are prone to crack where the holes are, not always, but it's something to keep in mind. Short shifters can break where the knob screws on, it's the thinnest point of the shifter, so don't slam through the gears like a jackass and it'll hold up. Maybe even use a finger or 2 on the shifter to take pressure off of the knob. Cut springs suck, look into replacing them with a proper lowering spring or coilover spring. Do you know what brand the front suspension is, and what the front and rear struts are?

That's pretty muc hthe only things to look for, everything else is fine.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
it isnt a regulator... its called ballast... and all cars stock or aftermarket come that come with HID have them. It is a necessary must for cars with HID.

get a pair of rear springs....

look out for preludes notoriously eating oil (loses a quart after oil change)... its common but its normal for our ludes.
still have mine...

for the noise that you hear turning... im pretty sure its rubbing since you say it has adujustable suspension upfront. remember, this car is very front heavy and biased. But if you aren't seeing any rubbing you might want to check the cv joints too, to see if they are leaking. = common problem for cars that are running dropped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts