Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my 2000 Accord (75k miles) into the Honda dealership to fix a couple minor things.....they did a "32 point inspection" and suggested the following:

- throttle body cleaning $89.95
- fuel injector cleaning $109.95
- automatic transmission flush $139.95
- coolant flush $129.95
- new air conditioner filter $119.95

I know that I could do the coolant flush for about $10 myself, as for the other stuff, should I get the work done? Any suggestions? Was the guy at Honda just trying to make some more money?

Thanks guys.

-T

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
the only thing that might be benefiticial to you is the throttle body cleaner. if your car is hesitating then it might be worth it.

tranny flush is always good. when you do a major service maitenance at the dealer they should flush out everything for you. intercooler, tranny,...etc.

the air conditioning/cabin filter is $9.95, DYI

fuel injector cleaner-buy a good bottle at pep boys or something and use that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I work at a shop I would recommend the coolant and trans flush....it might be something you could do at home but as far as what you could do at home it would just be drain the fluid and put new in and maybe wash out everything. At a shop they put chemical cleaners through the radiator and cooling system and also the trans along with protectants. As far as the other stuff I wouldn't really worry about it...unless you are sputtering around its not a biggie

·
Registered
937 Posts
I work at a Honda Dealership (Service Tech) and the only thing that happens with the TB cleaning is spraying TB Cleaner in the TB and wiping it out.....IMO its not worth it. Just do it yourself for $1 - $2 (can on TB Cleaner). The reason it cost so much is b/c they have to pay 1/2 hour to a service tech to do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOW! I am currently going to wyotech, which is is an automotive school and from what ive learned if you pay thoses prices you are getting ripped off. On monday im bringing my car to the shop in school so i can clean my injectors, throttle body, intake manifols, the carbon build-up on my vaulvs as well as my piston, O2 sensor and the CAT. It will only cost about $10 for the bottle if cleaner. Although the machine costs around 10Gs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts