Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the shop and...the tranny gave out on the way home.

guess what is wrong, I was testin my cars acceleration(stupid) and I was bangin my gears flawlessly until I got to third gear. I went to shift into third and when I let out on the clutch nothing happened :noo At first I thought I mis-shifted into 2nd and blew my motor(that would of sucked majorly) but I didnt, the car went into gear but it would not go into any other gear but neutral. I think its stuck in 3rd cuz when pulled over and started to drive off it definately felt like it was in third. And the gear shifter is leaning towards the back of the column like it is in 4th gear. I THINK THE LINKAGE IS LOOSE, but what do you guys think.

also when I popped the hood there was some smoke(not much) and it smelled like something was burnin, oil? is this normal for a fresh swapped car?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
97h22a9 said:
engine swap

someone want to take a guess?
Well, it actually depends ... do you trust the shop? Make sure your tranny wasn't opened and parts were taken out. :(

- Sounds that something happened to the Clutch Housing compartment.

I don't beleive that grinding or breaking gears or gear shaft will produce a white smoke :rolleye

Also, if the cables were lose the shift knob will still have moved and shouldn't be stuck.

My advice is to take it to the shop... and make a serious argument on what did they do to the transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.