Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
All Great products!! I would def reccomend the piston return spring, a must needed item for built apps.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
WE are 114.3.. and i wanna do the same s13 front end swap!!!

If only i culd afford the Advans i would def rock them. So im jus staying 4 lug

But Super Advans FTW!!..In gold, but still very hot.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
well if i end up parting with my rims you get dibs

Me or MQTGSR..Cause 4 lug hondas dont have the same bolt pattern..

And did you get the Z32 mafs?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
haha ok.

i meant enjoi. and no i got a maxima mafs. the 300z is n62 and is rated to around 500whp. i'm not going that high so this 10 dollar mafs is fine. the 300z gos for about 179 with nothing else included.
Good stuff. I didnt realize they were that expensive. How much were yours?

and how much you think you would sell the wheels

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Whats the size of the wheels and tires?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
EDIT: Mmm, really like the wheels but im not a huge fane of bronze, i am really diggin the size though. I am not looking for huge wheels.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
mine aren't bronze. they're gunmetal
ooO ma bad, nvm. Well yeah if you part them out, PM me. BTW your 240 looks pretty good, from the back, hehe.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
i know. i'm going s13 front end in a bit. hopefully at the end of winter. it's about 1000 dollars for the swap shipped and installed. then i'll go to mako and get a 700 dollar paint job. but this is after i get soem 200 dollar sti injectors and a 600 dollar turbo and make some real power.
Good stuff. GL with MAKO. The one in my area sucks, but im not saying they all do. But then again you get what you pay for. What size are the injectors and are you going with a garrett turbo?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Cool. Yeah i was looking at my manifold and i dont really want to get rid of it. Seems like it flows super nice.

You should put that tuner in the competent tuner thread. My friend also tunes hondas in NJ and i know someone else in NY but i dont feel like dealing with the drive. I know some other dude with 300hp Audi a4 gt2871r, but i have to find out where he got his tune.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Crap. I just realized i dont have a stock manifold. Lol. Forgive me i just bought the car little bit ago but have only been around it for 30min at the most, lol. Its sitting at a friends garage.

I was wondering why the manifold looked pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Yeah, thats the size i was thinking, gt2871r if i were to retian the t2 flange, but now i have to see what turbo/manifold i actually have. If its an ebay deal im goin to be mad. I really just bought the car for a shell, the "blown" SR w/ extras was a plus, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The map only has my zip

btw you don't want an rb

a decent rb25 swap will cost about 8 grand
8k? i dont want do that anymore, not with this 240 anyway but i was thinkin more along the lines of 5-6. If i could get the motor for like 2k and spend 3-4k on everything else (mounts, drivertrain etc..)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
remember you're in highschool rb's take alot of care. and they're an iron block 6 cyl. they aren't light.
I am in school but not high school. I was thinking about the wiring as well, if it was really worth the trouble.

Well the 2.6 would be way too expensive and idk if the 2.0 is really worth. Id get the 2.5 but i dont really know the difference between that and the neo version. I like it becuause it can hold a nice amount of power while still having stock internals.

But the parts thing you were talking about is another reason why i would only use the RB in a race car, well i want it a in coupe or knotchback w/e setup for drift. Thats in the distant future thought lol.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
holy whores batman
you guys blew up this thread
Yeah we do that alot, ha.

WVU97GS-R said:
umm the record for a stock sr is over 700 hp hehe. your car is already wired for an sr. if you're that eager to spend 5 grand get an sr long block throw some forged internals in it injectors and a mafs with a ball bearing turbo and make mid 300 whp and tq.
I think i read about that 700hp Sr but they said that couldnt be verified, and if it could theres no way its be a DD or even reliable. From the info i have recieved; reliably, Srs are good up to 400.

My thinking is why dump money into a 4 cylinder when i could have a 6 that holds it TT status up 1000hp, though this is the 2.6. I could just drop the RB in, make a decent amount of power with less upgrades and then put money into wheels, suspension, etc...But again this wouldnt be a DD but a track car.

I think an SR for the street is good enough, while trying to look good at the same time.

I really do have to check that tuner out. Now that i think about it i ran into someone else who tunes but i cant remember their name. My friends meet them at the reading expo. They have a dyno and made us a deal for dyno runs.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
hahaha rb26's suck unless built. they won't support anywhere near 1000hp. it's not a 2jz. they have oiling issues out the ass. an rb26 swap is 12 grand easily and yeah the motorset is cheap but all the fabrication you'd need? and the guy who tunes my car has been making 475whp for a year and a half now on his stock bottom end sr. i have a friend with an 800whp rb26 with crazy work and the first thing he told me was. "anybody who has ever done any real work with an rb will tell you that they aren't worth it for street driven 240swap" you'll have a built motor able to make over 650whp and that 'll make 400whp daily and 500whp at max boost way before you'll have a stock rb26 in your car.

atleast come take a ride in my car first before you make a decision. you can even call import intelligence in paoli and they'll tell you that an rb26 in an s-chassis will also make you understeer like crazy, especially in an s13 chassis (already prone to understeer) i could get the rb26 swap done in my car for under half that price since i know people and i'm not even considering it. you might as well spend the 17 grand and have a legal r32 skyline
it would be a track car. Thought i dont id go with the godzilla.

But I think i did hear about the oiling issues. For 1000hp yea it would def have been built ahaha. But its good to hear the lil testimonials from people who actually went through the swap

Are you sure about the 2nd part though? That is pushing it. Building a motor able to support 650. Compared to any RB??

I saw some dude on craigslist selling a skyline for that much. They're that cheap to import?? Could've sworn its like 50k.

But back on topic.
I know a few people in NY that have hooks up on everything but its the drive i dont feel like dealing with. I heard the Srs have issues with the head..or maybe that thes RB..haha i forgot. But in the end i do want a powerful street SR since the RB seems a little out there.

Oh and i would take you up on that ride, but i have work and school.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
yes you could have an sr built to make 600whp for the price to do a gtr swap the right way. and the car will not be balanced with an rb. call import intelligence in paoli and ask them. they did the swap. if your car wasn't already wired and setup for an sr i wouldn't so against an rb. but you said it for youself that your is gonna be a track car. if that's the case you really don't want an rb at all hehe. a stock bottomed sr withe cam upgrades and a top mount 3037s would be far more balanced cheaper and shit all over an rb swap at a track event.

the sr's head issuse the hydrolic lifter. all you do is switch solid ones or use ras. and you're fine. but that's only if you want to rev to to 8000 rpms or higher. you really don't need that with an sr anyway untill you want ot use a monster turboe.

My plan is get to 2 240s, though its porbably ver unlikely. Keep 1 street and one for the track, but yeah im still doing a bunch of research with SRs and RBs. Thnx for the info though. I also want look into KAs and CAs just for laughs, i guess you could say.

Revving high with boost? Eh, ill pass.

MmM. i was thinking of heading over to my friends garage to do a lil work on the car sat.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
stop thinking like a honda guy. nothing wrong with high reving when you power band needs it. in other words using a bigger turbo that spools later. it'll have a broader powerband up top so you need to rev to achieve it. we rev out of need not because we think it's cool. if you get a gt2871r on an sr and a stage 2 cam upgrade. with valvetrain work. you could take full advantage of the powerband.

alot of honda guys want more revs because it's cool not because they need it. nothin wrong with high revs and boost we don't have valve overlap like a vtec honda. besides rb20's and ca18's rev piss high stock under boost not to mention the sr is perfectly square.
Exactly why i dont want high revs. Boost ASAP, up to a spot where tq isnt falling off, at and beyond decent RPM point. If Srs have a smooth uphill powerband at lower mid-upper RPMS which makes it a point to revving high (more power), well, awesome. My thinking was that you NEEDED to rev high to make power, which IS usually the case with any 4cyl. You hear about nice hp/tq numbers with v8s and i guess 6cyl. Taking into considertation the parts used and whatnot

My friends VR for instance is like 3500 to 5k. You can feel the pull but it just drops off when you start going out the the power band.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
acually if you get a a really nice t3 flanged bb gt series turbo that spools quickly, you might need to increase your revs simply because the turbo spools the same but will still make power past redline. in other words a quick spooling turbo with even better topend efficiency range. in other words the turbo has the potential to pull past your current redline. that's when you increase redline. like if you go from having a 3000 rpm powerband to a 4500 rpm power band. reving and boost aren't bad together. so get that out of your head
HAHa, relax dude. thats what i was trying to say. Only if your motor has the pointential.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
oh i'm not upset. ;-) i'm excited to have another sr brother who lives near me. btw when you get free weekend and the sr is running. you're rolling with me and the rest of the boost happy freaks to wvu for a weekend of boozing and boosting
i have another friend who was a KA 240. I wont have a license back until June and by then his KA should be boosted. We dont drink, but we both are def down with cruising around doin whatever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.