Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up everyone i got a 98'civic ex coupe with intake and and unbolted muffler thats it. Well i got the zex nitrous kit installed and im using the 55 shot and it pulls a little harder but not as much as i had thought. It churps the tires pretty good from 1st to 2nd but i was told that in first gear when i stepped on it it would break the tires loose and it dosnt. My car is also slower now when im not using the nos i think this is because they retarded the timing or somethng. Also i tested it at night so it was colder out side and i know thats supposed to affect the nitrous bottle preasure or something but the bottle was brand new and had just been filled. Well what do u guys think i should do should i get a bottle warmer or maybe up the 55 shot to the 75 shot? or maybe get a cam or some headers? what do u guys think i should do is here something wrong with my set-up? My gal is to be able to smoke mildly modified ls integras.

· Registered
145 Posts
actually

I say get a timing gun and see whats up.. your NOT supposed to retard the timing with a 55 shot of Nitrous..

as far as going outside when its cold

U serisouly need a Bottle heater and a Pressure gauge.. U want it at the right temperature.. so nitrous will be the best that it can be.. and a bottle heater will let it stay at the temp..

NEVER LEAVE THE BOTTLE HEATER ON :) words of advice..

and FUCK NO, a 55 shot wont spin your tires.. your crazy.. Upgrade to 75 :)

I think a catback exhaust and some headers,. would truley show u the potiental of it

Im selling my greddy pe full catback.. $385 shipped :)

[email protected]

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea well i think they did retard my timing cause its slower all motor. So if i put the 75 shot in it will spin the tires?

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also how do i know which jet is the 75 horse power one cause they are all numbered like 35,36,37,38 like all in the thirtys so which one is it ad is it hard to change the jet size?

· Registered
21 Posts
I started out with the 55 shot on my prelude and wasn't impressed at all so i upgraded to the 75 shot and what a difference it makes. it takes off like a bat out of hell, but in order to make it do that the pressure needs to be around 900 psi. Get the heater, makes a hell of a difference.
:ssj:

· Registered
21 Posts
Well it all depends on what the outside temerature is. If you get teh new zex heater it has an automatic kill switch on teh thermostat so too much pressure isn't a problem. Personally i still only trust teh pressure gauge, just keep the heater on till the pressure gets to around 850, while the heater cools the pressure will still rise.
P.S. Never leave the heater on without the engine one, it'll kill teh battery in about 5 minutes.
:ssj:

· Registered
476 Posts
when i open the bottle it's already at 800... so what you are trying to say is turn the warmer on untill it automatically turns off? & once the warmer is off, the pressure rises? aren't you suppose to leave it on untill the pressure rises? im totally lost now... hahaha!

· Registered
145 Posts
I got a Zex Bottle heater :) yay
and a zex pressure gauge :) yay

hmm let me look at my nitrous zex info book

Ook
heres the set up bro..

55hp 65hp 75hp
Nitrous Jet 32 35 38 <-- Nitrous Jets

Fuel Jet 36 34 32 <-- nitrous jets

Ignition Retard o 2 4 <-- Degreess

I wouldnt suggest going to 65-75 shots.. Without upgrading your:

- spark plugs to 2 degrees colder plugs
- new fuel pump
- Fuel pump regulator
- fuel pump pressure gauge
- new clutch :) *soon*

Safe Modifications:

jacobs nitrouos mastermind
msd window switch
msd 6

· Registered
21 Posts
no no, the pressure will gradually start to rise as the temperature builds up. if you have a pressure gauge turn it off about 50 psi before it gets to the desired pressure. if you don't have the gauge u can leave it on, just be a littel more careful

· Registered
1,226 Posts
civicwitbalz said:
yea well i think they did retard my timing cause its slower all motor. So if i put the 75 shot in it will spin the tires?
why are you so concerned with spinning your tires? if youre looking for that fast and furious effect where you hit the nitrous button and your car jerks back and your wheels break loose when youre already doing like 80mph, wake up, youve got another thing coming to you. peace :D

· Registered
1,226 Posts
civicwitbalz said:
also how do i know which jet is the 75 horse power one cause they are all numbered like 35,36,37,38 like all in the thirtys so which one is it ad is it hard to change the jet size?
Have you even bothered to look at the back of the 5 page instruction manual yet? something tells me you haven't :cool:

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dude the shop i got it dont at brought out the car to m and it was done and said this is how u us it and heres the stickers it came with and sent me on my way they didnt give me an instruction booklet and they said if i wanted to up the jets t come in andtheyd do it for like 15 bucks

· Registered
76 Posts
intake said:
actually

I say get a timing gun and see whats up.. your NOT supposed to retard the timing with a 55 shot of Nitrous..

as far as going outside when its cold

U serisouly need a Bottle heater and a Pressure gauge.. U want it at the right temperature.. so nitrous will be the best that it can be.. and a bottle heater will let it stay at the temp..

NEVER LEAVE THE BOTTLE HEATER ON :) words of advice..

and FUCK NO, a 55 shot wont spin your tires.. your crazy.. Upgrade to 75 :)

I think a catback exhaust and some headers,. would truley show u the potiental of it

With a 55 shot on my ls it would burn the tires off You need to check your fuel jet nozzle. if you left it out it will kill power.

Im selling my greddy pe full catback.. $385 shipped :)

[email protected]

· Registered
404 Posts
davie said:
tell me about... 55 shot seems to make my car slower hahahhaa! as for the bottle warmer, how long do i need to heat the bottle for?
It ususally takes around 20-30 mins to warm the bottle up to 900 psi.

· Registered
20,271 Posts
how warm is 900psi in degrees farenheit?? yea mine ran shitty with my 60 shots without the heater. traction isnt that big of a issue with me with my drag radials. but it ran ok with my stock honda tires.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.