Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Just Hit 48,000 miles.....

813 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Addict 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what maitnence you guys would recommend for my car. I just bought it about 2 months ago so I dont know if any maitnence has been done to it besides the oil and filter. I want to get it up to speed on the maitnence from here on out. Thanks for any input.

#5 ·
Si-OWNER said:
I have recently hit 30,000 and have had nothing but oil changes every 3000 miles. My valves do need to be adjusted and I plan on doing what v00 said as far as the other fluids go.
Yeah its a good idea to do it...

You can also go to Honda, and get the 30k maintenance chart.

#6 ·
im just barely hitting the 27k mark :D i think i need to get my valves adj. soon too though.. v00tec, where'd u get that done? is it a Honda Service only type thing or what? ehh, im probably just gonna bring it to my man at newburg honda...how much did it cost you?

#7 ·
Ok before I get a quote from my shop how much should I expect to pay for:
Valve adjustment
Tranny fluid exchange
Coolent exchange
Oil & Filter change
Inspect my axel bolts and CV joints (hearing a ping noise when I start from a stop:( )

Thanks for the input!:D

#8 ·
Valve adjustment ------- $50-$100
Tranny fluid exchange --$40-$50
Coolent exchange -------$40-$50
Oil & Filter change--------$19-$25
Inspect my axel bolts and CV joints - should be free, most shops will do a free inspection of the car when it is in for maintenance.

#9 ·
Im thinking that I am going to change the oil myself do you think that will be ok if I going to have the shop adjust my valves?

#10 ·
I just hit 255,000 on the chasis....hehe you guys are just babies starting out try a quarter of a million miles on for size and I don't know how many miles are on the current engine, but the stock A6 went 213,000 abusive miles then another A6 I had laying around taht had 230,000 miles on it went it to be finished off. And it lasted anoth 10,000 or slightly less then spun bearings....hehe poor old bastard he had N2O dropped on him and everything. Now the D16Z6 has ????? I thought 130,000 but I took it to the ref to get cert-ed and he asked if it was from a Del sol. But I got it from a EX coupe that had 130,000 on the odometer so now who knows how old that fucker is. Oh well it runs like a champ daily driven with 5.5 psi on it!

#11 ·
Eyetattoo said:
Ok before I get a quote from my shop how much should I expect to pay for:
Valve adjustment
Tranny fluid exchange
Coolent exchange
Oil & Filter change
Inspect my axel bolts and CV joints (hearing a ping noise when I start from a stop:( )

Thanks for the input!:D
Change the oil yourself. And switch to Mobil1 while you're at it. ;)

Damn that reminds me..... oil change time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.