Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my OBX headers today. Installation was a bitch, but it was well worth it, you can definately feel and hear the difference. My exhaust is louder and my butt dyno can feel the power, mostly mid-range/high-range. Im going to dyno it soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i reset it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It took about 3 hours to do by myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it comes with gaskets, you need all sorts of shit, ratchets with long extensions, i have a lift so i didnt need jackstands, but if you dont have a lift, yes you need them. All bolts are included. It damn near impossible to a wrench above the bolts on the downpipe so i just used an impact wrench, it spins the nuts so fast that the bolt doesn't spin with it:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
you think the guys at the local muffler shop could throw it on for cheap? since im not all mechanically inclined or anything

·
Registered
977 Posts
fox_raptor said:
you think the guys at the local muffler shop could throw it on for cheap? since im not all mechanically inclined or anything
there is only one way to know... drive down and ask them. chances are its a job that wont go down on paper, especially if you know the guy so anything he charges will go in his pocket (this is the only way i would do it) so it would depend on what its worth to him. and naturally the better you know the guy the cheaper it will be. and remember ask him when is a good time. i know the guys at a shop in nashville and they put a full custom 3.25in. enhaust on my grand cherokee for about $100 (i think it was because they were the only people my dad would let touch his mint 68' mustang and they liked me :) )

but anyway, just ask em, they cant charge you for asking, and if that shop will do it cheap enough for me when i get mine, thats exactly what im going to do and i am good with a wrench. just lazy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
showgunz said:
How do the headers change the exhaust sound? Much louder than stock? I always wondered on that. People always talk about intakes and exhausts changing the sound of the engine, but not the header. Anyone care to elaborate? Thanks.
It flows more air, therefore it increases the sound of the exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its deeper, i have aftermarket exhaust so im not sure how much louder than stock it would be, but its throatier and deeper

·
Registered
977 Posts
accord dude said:
Who is the dude that did your exhaust stuf in Nashville? I have been wanting to find a place that could do it really cheep.
it was actually at a mineke muffler shop, but they are independenty owned and operated and my dad was good friends with the owner/operator. i forget his name but im sure my dad knows it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
showgunz said:
OBX dyno's are already posted. Where have you been man? Go to accord v6.com. There should be at least one posted here on SHO too.
i like to see dyno's of more than one car, not just a dyno of what the manufacturer puts out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts