Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping this system should sound really good. I'm going to put it in a 3-4 cube box with triple 4" ports. The sub will be run off a Avionixx 1200.2 . Then hopefully, this week i'll order the Koda 6 components and run them off a Avionixx 440.4.

Any suggestions on how to install the sub into the back of a Crx. I'm thinking about puting it right behind the seats, facing the subs/ports towards the front and slightly up.

Again, hoping this setup will have GREAT SQ (when turned low) and some moderate-serious SPL when turned up !

Thanks for any info
Adam

·
Banned
846 Posts
there is a box that works best with a CRX, and guess what. It is called a CRX box. (big surprise). Sub facing up, port to the side, and it is supposed to put out very very good results in a Rex. Not sure on exact design, but i will get more info on it when i get home.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Definitely put the sub facing up. I don't know about the ports, but i would face those up to. I have my box at the back of the car with my subs facing up, and the hit hella hard.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Yep, i was close to the Rex box specs. make it with Sub up and the port facing the back. Reccomended size for a CRX box is 29x29x14. may want to shrink that a lil bit because that is 6.8 cubes gross.

*****************EDIT***********************
I messed up on the box specs!:( When i went to Adire's site, i used their reccomendations for a ported box, but i used the one for Home Audio.:( It calls for 5 cubes, while the car ported box they reccomend is 3.5 cubes.

so.......

The new specs are:

Width: 22"
Depth: 22"
Height: 13"

That comes out as 3.6 cubes gross.
After sub and port displacement, you should have about 3.3 cubes net volume.

port should around 25 sq" or so

So, a port that is 3x8 would work, and tuning to 30hz., would make the port 15.9" long. Port is kinda long, but it should work fine.

Make sure to put the sub as far back in the box as you can (closer to hatch)

You can still make your own dimensions, as long as it comes out to be between 2-3.5 cubes, and with the port facing the rear of the car and the sub facing up.

Just tryin to help out with the box design.;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet !

Sweet, do you have any pics of an install into a rex? Our company Custom Car Audio, in Gainesvile, Fl is very new to Adire Audio products, we just made our first order, which should arive the middle of next week.
Yeah, I haven't had the subs to play around with, to see what is good/better for the bramhas. I did build a box for my best friends Bramha 12" and a box for a shiva, both for SQ applications.....(sealed)

In these CRX installs, where was the box actually located? Right behind the seats, or in the very back possibly utilizing the wheel well? Anything I put in has to be rather removeable as I plan to be racing quite a bit once the turbo sys is on.....

DAMN THIS STUFF SHURE HURTS THE WALLET !!!!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE

Adam

·
Registered
424 Posts
litspliff420 said:
Yep, i was close to the Rex box specs. make it with Sub up and the port facing the back. Reccomended size for a CRX box is 29x29x14. may want to shrink that a lil bit because that is 6.8 cubes gross. maybe 26x26x13. Just to clear it up some:

Width: 26"
Depth: 26"
Height: 13"

That box will give you about 5.1 cubes gross.

If in fact you do want a box size like that, you should give it about 45sq.in. of port, and tune to around 35 for SQL. That makes the port length 13.875 inches.

so:

9"x5" port, that is 13.875" long for a tuning of 35hz. and that should be facing to the back of the car. Sub faces up.

Hope this helps.:D
the 29x29x14 is the out side demension they use, and it is with .75 wood with seperate chamber(made for 2 12's)
i ran 2 12" inhumans in a crx with a simular box design and hit a 153 with stock eletrical, could have gotten 155+ with more juice.... i have pics of my set up i will put up in the next week and if u want some help i will design u a box...... just send me the specs for the sub.........

hope this helps

·
Banned
846 Posts

Sorry, i couldnt find a good pic. Anyway, the CRX box was originally designed for 2 12's just like the one in the pic, but they are experimenting with single subs like 15's in this box, and doing quite well. Should give you an idea on how to do the box i was reccomending.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts