Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased some 96-98 Civic Projector Headlights with Dual Halo and I need to order some bulbs now, can anyone please help? I cannot find this information, and would like to install my headlights as soon as I get them, thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Either way they will be here tomorrow, if they came with bulbs that will be nice to get them wired, then when the 6000k bulbs I ordered get here I can install the lights...

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Chuvak said:
Either way they will be here tomorrow, if they came with bulbs that will be nice to get them wired, then when the 6000k bulbs I ordered get here I can install the lights...
if you're wanting to put HID bulbs in there you will have to do quite a bit of jerry-rigging.

if i were you, what i would do is measure the projectors that come in the housings you ordered, go to www.hidplanet.com and order some that are as close to that dimension as possible (lenght, width, height) without getting smaller or alot larger (no more than 1/4 inch i would imagine). then it's a simple matter of mounting the HID projectors into the housing thats already designed for projectors.

it wouldn't be nearly as difficult of a process than retro-ing normal headlamps of our gen civic for HID. be just a little dremeling--or possibly no modification at all even.

the reason i say this is the projector housing you're getting is designed for H1 bulbs, so the hole the bulb goes through is very tiny. probably not even 1/4 inch diameter. if the 6000K bulbs you're getting are larger than a H1 bulb, you're screwed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts