Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says, i purchased a 1993 cx hatch.

to be honest i dont know anything about civics really, so im here to ask a few questions.
i know the ex gauge cluster will swap pretty much straight into the hatches, but i was wondering what the redline on the motor is, i just dont feel right driving wihtout a tach.
the car has absolutly no rust on it at all, both rear quaters are perfect on this car which surprised me alot. ill try to get some more pics up once i get a nice coat of wax on it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
congrats on the new toy. i think you should do all engine work and keep it as it looks. put a shock on some peeps faces :)

.. btw, you can swap out clusters? cause i was thinking about getting an EX cluster for my DX for the redline and that.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for now the car will remain stock, for the most part, cuz i gota drive it to and from school which is about 100miles a day.
from the little reading i have done, i picked up that the ex gauge cluster will fit right into any other models.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
like i said above, its gona stay stock for now, gota keep it reliable and good on gas while driving to school. once im done an h22 or h23turbo swap might be in order.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks good man. yeah you can put a EX cluster in it. just plug and play. I have a SI cluster in mine. its a stock CX motor. I donno what the redline it but Iv taken it past 7000 before. probley not the wisest idea eather. most of the time I change at around 4500-5500. for 70hp, they still have some go.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Prlude4Life said:
like the title says, i purchased a 1993 cx hatch.

to be honest i dont know anything about civics really, so im here to ask a few questions.
i know the ex gauge cluster will swap pretty much straight into the hatches, but i was wondering what the redline on the motor is, i just dont feel right driving wihtout a tach.
the car has absolutly no rust on it at all, both rear quaters are perfect on this car which surprised me alot. ill try to get some more pics up once i get a nice coat of wax on it.
thats what i got...I LOVE my CX

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
thats a very nice clean project, i hope to see some mods. trust me you won't keep it stock for long.... and congrats on the purchase. i remember when my civic looked like that but teal green...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i probably sound like a noob but wouldnt LX gauges make more sense... dont know how the 5th gens work but with the 6 and 7 gen, the dx and lx models have the same motor and the ex had the better motor. lx comes with gauges with the correct redline.
correct me if im wrong.... just trying to help.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yeah i own a 92 CX w/ 99k on it. there pretty nice cars, but i wouldnt spend a lot of money on performance parts unless they'll go to the next motor. its not worth putting all the money into the TINY motor. i just put a header and custom 2 1/4 piping all the way back w/ no cat and you will feel the changes since your starting with almost no power. not that many cars out there slower, i did beat a 4 banger mustang, took it the whole way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts