Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've done it...

Just spent roughly $6k on a custom turbo for my 2001 Prelude. The kit includes the following:

Rev Hard 2.2 Log Manifold
Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo
Greddy Intercooler
Tial Blowoff valve
Custom downpipe
Tial 35MM Wastegate
Custom dumptube
MSD Fuel Pump
Missing Link
Single Slim-Line Fan

Anyone else in this boat? I'm really excited, but I can't help but think I'm just a little nuts here :rolleyes: What can I expect out of this system in terms of power? Does anyone else have a similar setup?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're also going to be installing a new head gasket to lower compression? I know they do good work, because I've seen numerous setups at shows and everything I've heard to this point has been good. What you runnin there Dug?

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
your just NOW asking thse questions? also, your spent 6 Gs on just

Rev Hard 2.2 Log Manifold
Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo
Greddy Intercooler
Tial Blowoff valve
Custom downpipe
Tial 35MM Wastegate
Custom dumptube
MSD Fuel Pump
Missing Link
Single Slim-Line Fan......???

yowzers, you sure that's all your getting for 6,000?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
hey man, did they grease you up before they screwed you in the butt?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
dang! 6g's is alot are they installing it for ya too? and tuning it? seems like u could of just gone with fmax or even a revhard kit for half the price.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Does it include engine management and tuning?

·
Registered
896 Posts
rev201 said:
What you runnin there Dug?
I guess your asking what type of engine management i'm using... it will be AEM EMS as soon as i can find a good shop to put my engine together....

But my complete set up is:

Turbo:
Drag Manifold
T3/T4
tial wastegate
Greddy type 31 FMIC
TurboXs bov H-RFL
misc. oil lines and other fittings
Fuel:
walbro 255lph fuel pump
RC 440cc injectors
Engine:
eagle rods
srp pistons
JG ductile iron sleeves
crower valves, stems, retainers
ARP head stud bolts
Greddy 2mm head gasket
Electronics:
APEXi boost gauge
Greddy Fuel pressure gauge
AEM EMS
FJO wideband 02

now thats roughly 6K, not including the machine work for the engine...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just fyi, this does include all engine management and dyno tuning. Also, they are the most experienced honda tuners in my area. They just finished with another 5th gen and after seeing the job they did on it, I was thoroughly impressed. I looked at all of the kits on the market, and after researching it I decided to go custom. Nothing against the bolt on kits or anything, but the custom install is much cleaner and everything in the engine bay isn't all crammed together. They are also relocating the battery to the trunk. The company also guarantees all of their work and I know I can bring it in if I have any problems with the setup.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sound alright what are they using for tuning though if its a proper standalone :cool: Are they doing the rest of the exhaust for that price? what size piping and make sure its mandrel bent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts