Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a dodge intrepid. I had the newer model with the 225 hp engine and i know what it could do. It was decently quick but the v6 accord and maxima would rape it. Well i recently visited my old dodge board www.dodgeintrepid.net and this guy with a first gen intrepid 3.5 new 214 hp but not a quick car new challenged me to a race. His mods are cold air intake and some port work and something else internally that shouldnt add a whole lot of power. No NOS yet and no super or turbo. He seems confident he can beat me cause he beat a Civic stock ex well just an exhaust which is really more or less stock. What are your thoughts on this? I still say i beat him easily. Stock on those cars new are like 8 seconds-9 who knows but he has miles on it . The mileage wear and mods should negate each other. Those engines are not good engines to retain power with alot of miles like a honda. If i race should I wager and how much???

· Registered
6 Posts
if you are sure the mods he have are what you listed... you should have no problem beating him. ive raced those intrepids in my si and i would beat them and the type-s has a lot more hp and more importantly tq ;) id wager everything you have... then again he could have some nos or something that he isnt telling you about :-/

· Registered
1,248 Posts
lol.....thats funny...will I beat a Dodge Intrepid in my rsx-s??? HAHAHHAHAHa..unless you screw up on your launch thats the only way you'll lose..i'd suggest doing a rolling start....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.