Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

DAMN!!!!! Thats just Nasty!

Then Check out this Street Car! pretty impressive if you ask me.
This is a dyno from a k24a motor with IPS kxv

Tuning was incomplete because they didn;t have time to finish due to a blown head gasket.. so no real ignition tuning or composite vtc etc..

k24a 99mm stock crank
13:1 compression
CRV head with VTEC cams ***
4-1 header by Stefan at ASP

****Vtec cams on CRV head means that you use a type s rocker arm assembly on a non vtec head like the crv or the ep3 and you reverse the rocker pins thus locking the rocker arms in vtec mode at all times.****

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
yowzerz.

10k with that stroke... piston accelerations will be extremely high at those speeds contributing to some pretty insane forces. I can't see that lasting very long at all.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
That is fucking nice. I would love to have that for a track/street car. How friend are ITB on the street? Also...how the fuck do you get traction through the first 3 gears? If that is a short geared trans, I don't see traction happening, unless they cruise on R compounds or drag radials non stop.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
holy fuck that is impressive. K series for fucking life

·
Registered
41,903 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
fuck you hippe. who the fuck wants a 7L?
i do if it makes 500 hp and gets 30 mpg on the highway with a 7100rpm redline while being made of aluminum....:ninja. an rsx with an ls would be a nice little project :ninja.....RSLS-7

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
i do if it makes 500 hp and gets 30 mpg on the highway with a 7100rpm redline while being made of aluminum....:ninja. an rsx with an ls would be a nice little project :ninja.....RSLS-7
an rsx with 500 to the front wheels would be as fun as driving my y7.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ls7 ftw....but that k20 is still the shit. RSX with ls7...eh....no. Sorry. lol. Way to much work to get that bitch in there. Hm...I wonder what the ls9 will do mpg wise.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Ls7 ftw....but that k20 is still the shit. RSX with ls7...eh....no. Sorry. lol. Way to much work to get that bitch in there. Hm...I wonder what the ls9 will do mpg wise.
if you have 20 grand + to buy and build a k-series. a rwd conversion on an rsx isn't that insane. and who said it was logical. this is a honda board, people spend 1200 dollars on a header for a 7 whp gain

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
if you have 20 grand + to buy and build a k-series. a rwd conversion on an rsx isn't that insane. and who said it was logical. this is a honda board, people spend 1200 dollars on a header for a 7 whp gain
if you had 20k+ for a build why the fuck would you buy a K series? Id buy an e30/e36 m3 and build and boost that and put down 1000+ to the back tires

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
if you had 20k+ for a build why the fuck would you buy a K series? Id buy an e30/e36 m3 and build and boost that and put down 1000+ to the back tires
read previous post^^^^ honda forum people spend around 8K for a stock k20 swap into some hondas to make 170whp. why build a fwd car in general......because you can and it's unique, not necessarily logical. i've seen f20 swaps into civic etc. sure they could've gotten a 3,000 mustang and invested 7 K into it and dominated alot of cars

hell look at the topic of this thread. he could've got a 1200 b18c and made the same numbers with a turbo for a fraction of the cost.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.