Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
hehe...f20 civic...there is a crx with spray rolling around here on that set up. pretty sick. And 1200 for a header that gets 7whp?!?! I spent 500 on my whole exhaust set up..and its like 30+hp.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
hehe...f20 civic...there is a crx with spray rolling around here on that set up. pretty sick. And 1200 for a header that gets 7whp?!?! I spent 500 on my whole exhaust set up..and its like 30+hp.
yes 1200 dollars for a header. look at some hyatech stuff. they're paying bmw prices for mods hehe

·
Registered
412 Posts
Fuck. And that is one reason why I never got a bmw...I wanted a e30 m3 soo bad...saw prices for mods and I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head. 2k for exhaust, 7k+ for basic blower/turbo applications, suspension was bad. Fuck that. And that is one reason why I love my car....We don't have the vette tax on our parts lol.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Fuck. And that is one reason why I never got a bmw...I wanted a e30 m3 soo bad...saw prices for mods and I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head. 2k for exhaust, 7k+ for basic blower/turbo applications, suspension was bad. Fuck that. And that is one reason why I love my car....We don't have the vette tax on our parts lol.
i dont know where you were looking, but when i was about to buy an e36 m3, the prices were only 20-30 bucks higher than dc5 parts.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
I think it was Dinan stuff.

3 Series*::*M3 (E46) 2001-2006*::*Engine Tuning

That shit is expensive man.
well what do you think, parts are going to be cheap for a car that was originally $60k? You are lucky to get a used e46 M3 for less than $25k

I was referring to an e36, which is the prior generation. I looked up suspension components.

heres an example.. d2 coilovers for a civic: $812 on ebay.. d2 coilovers for an e36 m3: $975 from a retailer.

not too much of a difference there.

sources:
eBay Motors: 96-00 Honda Civic EK D2 Springs Adjustable Coilover (item 270277644204 end time Apr-16-09 19:14:25 PDT)
Bmw 3-Series 92-98 E36 D2 Coilovers (D2-B11)

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
i bet if you could find those parts for a honda, they would be expensive as fuck too. its not the part thats expensive, its the manufacturer

·
Registered
412 Posts
True True. Like FAST for lsx motors...1200 for an intake mani, 3-400 for TB. And I miss read...I thought you said e46, not e36. 36 parts *should* be cheaper. But when it comes to parts...of course you could buy the cheap shit (Like I did on my budget build), or you can get the proven parts. Ebay header vs koos stainless LTS. $400 vs $800. Cheap ass $300 catback, or a Corsa which is now $1200. Proven parts will cost more. I know if I had the coin on a e46, you better believe some of the best parts are going on it. Same if I had a NSX or a legit ITR.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
True True. Like FAST for lsx motors...1200 for an intake mani, 3-400 for TB. And I miss read...I thought you said e46, not e36. 36 parts *should* be cheaper. But when it comes to parts...of course you could buy the cheap shit (Like I did on my budget build), or you can get the proven parts. Ebay header vs koos stainless LTS. $400 vs $800. Cheap ass $300 catback, or a Corsa which is now $1200. Proven parts will cost more. I know if I had the coin on a e46, you better believe some of the best parts are going on it. Same if I had a NSX or a legit ITR.
yeah i hear you on that shit. i put cheap shit on the civic cause its a civic. But the dc5 gets quality parts. Same for any bmw

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thats kinda how I am. I got used parts for the exhaust, but for the valvetrain....I dont skimp on the vitals. I will eventually buy the quality stuff (full stainless exhaust, the FAST mani when I do my stroker, FISKE or iForged wheels), but as of right now....I am a broke college kid, so I got to go cheap lol.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
Thats kinda how I am. I got used parts for the exhaust, but for the valvetrain....I dont skimp on the vitals. I will eventually buy the quality stuff (full stainless exhaust, the FAST mani when I do my stroker, FISKE or iForged wheels), but as of right now....I am a broke college kid, so I got to go cheap lol.
yeah you gotta pay where it counts.

·
Registered
412 Posts
For sure. Say NO to XSautochrome turbo manis lol. None of that shitty quality for vital parts. No ebay pushrods or lifters lol.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
:lmao reminds me of my friend who boosted his gsr. he ran out of money and needed a mani so he got an ssautoshit manifold. it broke no more than a week after he installed it while he was tuning it on the street with uberdata, which caused the oil line to bind and leak, which in turn sprayed oil all over the turbo and manifold, caught fire, and melted part of his CF hood :lol

:lmao

·
Registered
412 Posts
.......fuck. Thats right, SSautochrome, not XS...whatever. Shit. Quality parts through and through. How is DC for headers? I've read somewhere about them splitting welds, but idk. Or Megan?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
ebay exhaust mods are fine. i have yet to have a problem with my ebay crackafold. my catback for the past 2 years is an ebay one as well as my test pipe and down pipe. now i'll never buy an ebay turbo or critical engine component

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
yeaaah with the ebay thing...i hear more bad things than good.

I was looking at Iforged wheels but i dont think i could find a price. I think their mad expensive, right?

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
it all depends on what you buy from ebay. then again now many hondas run rotas so they have no room to talk

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
.......fuck. Thats right, SSautochrome, not XS...whatever. Shit. Quality parts through and through. How is DC for headers? I've read somewhere about them splitting welds, but idk. Or Megan?
dude megan makes a quality header. i put one on my civic that i got off ebay for 150 shipped and its been on there for 4 years without any issues. no cracking or anything. its a solid header at a super cheap price

·
Registered
412 Posts
Stainless ftw. If I were to build a honda (eventually), I'll run that. I know they are cheap, I just didn't know how long they last.

Enjoy...iForged are around 3100 a set, depending on sizes, style, ect. Figure $500+ a piece for 15s or 16s. My friend has iForged Areos in 17s with 315s on the back...3100, and one got damaged when his T/A was totaled. He sent it to get repaired, instead of buying new shit. The CCWs I want are like 700 a rim, and same with the HREs.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Lol yea i consider that expensive...compared to the sportmaxxes i want

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.