Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen reports that the rdx will come with a k23a1 motor in it... so if this is the case, i wonder who will be the first to tear one apart and see what's compatible with other k series? turbo-charged k24/k20 hybrid in near factory trim would be a sweet ride:D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
from what ive read, its still going to have a decent compression ratio and run low boost, around 6-8 lbs. cmon now, its a honda engine :D
-quikflip

·
Registered
719 Posts
doesnt the turbo on these vehicles have some kind of valve that changes the size of the compressor depending on throttle.............i think i saw it here-----http://www.acura.com/rdx/, damn hondas are cool !!

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kommon_sense said:
rdx is a k23 with 86 more, 99 stroke with 8.8:1 compression. Also uses a variable boost turbo and has acuras new awd platform. The k23 will not accept any of the other k-series transmissions.
really? out of curiousity where did you get that info from?

if that is true, i wouldn't say never... adaptor plates are becoming a thing of beauty as of late... i would like to see some specs on the variable boost turbo though, sounds interesting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
kommon_sense said:
rdx is a k23 with 86 more, 99 stroke with 8.8:1 compression. Also uses a variable boost turbo and has acuras new awd platform. The k23 will not accept any of the other k-series transmissions.
There goes trying to put one in my 1st gen CR-V... :cry

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
anybody else notice this honda engine has more torque than hp? 240hp and 260tq

I was also reading in a car audio magizine about the suround sound in this car and its supposed to be really good

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
ltlblkcvc said:
anybody else notice this honda engine has more torque than hp? 240hp and 260tq

I was also reading in a car audio magizine about the suround sound in this car and its supposed to be really good
because it was designed for boost. that's why most hondas even when turboed still make alot less torque than HP. all in the design and tuning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
so its supposed to have something like porsches variable geometry turbo?
if it wont fit to a 6 speed then somebody has to make an adapter plate or something.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I have one right now as a loaner while the TSX is getting some service. I'm pretty impressed with it. Pick up is crazy and you can feel the valves open up around 2500 rpms. Sounds system in this car is crazy! Only thing i dont like so far is im averaging 19 mpg. (yea ive been playing around :D ) and the paddle shifters take way to long to switch gears. your better off just flooring it in drive.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
damn you..... you lucky bastard. lets swap one into an integra ;-). i wonder if the turbo would work with a full standalone ecu on my 240. hehe

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
damn you..... you lucky bastard. lets swap one into an integra ;-). i wonder if the turbo would work with a full standalone ecu on my 240. hehe
:D ..im liking this thing more and more. Handling is very impressive for a SUV. Street racing isn't my style but i ran a guy in a Audi TT up to around 60...He didn't stand a chance. yea ...he wasn't to happy. :lmao

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
Jree$e said:
:D ..im liking this thing more and more. Handling is very impressive for a SUV. Street racing isn't my style but i ran a guy in a Audi TT up to around 60...He didn't stand a chance. yea ...he wasn't to happy. :lmao
i'll look into one

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Its the J35 V6 transmission on the K23, Honda just used an adaptor plate to mate the two together. It's still a K series block, K series head. I think the motor just needs a new head since it has the limp VTEC system. And as with alot of newer turbo cars I think this motor would see 300/300 with just a reflash, add a couple of bolt-ons and your in the 350 range. K series motors are no joke and with a transmission beefed up for a V6 it should be able to take more power without destroying the tranny.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
I wouldnt even bother with trying to swap that engine into another car. Honda is deffintly gonna make a K-series turbo in there smaller cars. possibly the replacement for the RSX is gonna be a 2 door k series turbo TSX, that would deffintly be nice.
they have too. small displacement n/a is poinltess production wize anymore if you want to compete with other performance cars. torquless 3000lbs + cars are not fun to drive. the new civic weighs in at over 2900 lbs and isn't remotely fast, yet other cars in it's class like the new mazda speed 3 will be running low 14's-high 13's. so we'll prolly be seing alot of vtec-e/turbo configs coming from honda in the future. high hp, small displacement, emissions, and usuable powerband call for boost.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts