Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,531 Posts
that would be awesome
WVU97GS-R said:
they have too. small displacement n/a is poinltess production wize anymore if you want to compete with other performance cars. torquless 3000lbs + cars are not fun to drive. the new civic weighs in at over 2900 lbs and isn't remotely fast, yet other cars in it's class like the new mazda speed 3 will be running low 14's-high 13's. so we'll prolly be seing alot of vtec-e/turbo configs coming from honda in the future. high hp, small displacement, emissions, and usuable powerband call for boost.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,690 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
you're telling me.. i'd lov 300 hp and 40 mpg
I just found out some new shit about the K23 in the RDX too. They made special injectors for it, they have a finer spray pattern that atomizes the gas better. People are picking up 3-4 ft/lbs before vtec and 5-6whp in vtec range on stock ECU's. For 165 bucks thats hard to beat, imagine if you got it tuned. Plus they are 410cc's which is perfect for all motor. :hug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39,372 Posts
ek9wannabe said:
doesnt the turbo on these vehicles have some kind of valve that changes the size of the compressor depending on throttle.............i think i saw it here-----http://www.acura.com/rdx/, damn hondas are cool !!
the porsche 911 turbo is getting that soon.. its supposed to almost eliminate turbo lag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,364 Posts
4DoorGs-R2001 said:
I just found out some new shit about the K23 in the RDX too. They made special injectors for it, they have a finer spray pattern that atomizes the gas better. People are picking up 3-4 ft/lbs before vtec and 5-6whp in vtec range on stock ECU's. For 165 bucks thats hard to beat, imagine if you got it tuned. Plus they are 410cc's which is perfect for all motor. :hug


Hmmmm thats fuckin interesting!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
Hmmmm thats fuckin interesting!!!!
thats very interesting
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,826 Posts
4DoorGs-R2001 said:
I just found out some new shit about the K23 in the RDX too. They made special injectors for it, they have a finer spray pattern that atomizes the gas better. People are picking up 3-4 ft/lbs before vtec and 5-6whp in vtec range on stock ECU's. For 165 bucks thats hard to beat, imagine if you got it tuned. Plus they are 410cc's which is perfect for all motor. :hug
hmm they should make some for an sr20 :ninja
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
733 Posts
man can't wait to see these engines in the junkyard ... long time to go... then a swap will be definite :clappy :number1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I just traded in my wife's '04 TSX for an RDX. It is extremely quick for its size, and as my DD is an EVO, there is very little noticable Turbo lag. Funny, but I think I read somewhere that Mitsubishi co-developed the Turbo application on this with Honda.

We have owned it for about 3 weeks now and I am fanatical about capturing MPG information - and it has averaged about 19 MPG :eek2! And that is with the misses driving it almost exclusively!

That is worse than my stock EVO! I get the size/weight thing, but having owned almost nothing but Hondas, I am really surprised by this - especially given their recent push to tout themselves as the most fuel effiecienct car company.

Anyway, it is right up our alley - especially with the Tech package. The sound system is incredible - turn it up just a little and you cannot hear any road noise. Whatsoever. All the other goodies are nice as well - Navi, Bluetooth, Rearview camera, etc.

Main reason we traded is b/c our Akita became full grown, and she didn't fit into the back of the TSX very well anymore. I couldn't see out the damn rear window!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,826 Posts
Anagram said:
I just traded in my wife's '04 TSX for an RDX. It is extremely quick for its size, and as my DD is an EVO, there is very little noticable Turbo lag. Funny, but I think I read somewhere that Mitsubishi co-developed the Turbo application on this with Honda.

We have owned it for about 3 weeks now and I am fanatical about capturing MPG information - and it has averaged about 19 MPG :eek2! And that is with the misses driving it almost exclusively!

That is worse than my stock EVO! I get the size/weight thing, but having owned almost nothing but Hondas, I am really surprised by this - especially given their recent push to tout themselves as the most fuel effiecienct car company.

Anyway, it is right up our alley - especially with the Tech package. The sound system is incredible - turn it up just a little and you cannot hear any road noise. Whatsoever. All the other goodies are nice as well - Navi, Bluetooth, Rearview camera, etc.

Main reason we traded is b/c our Akita became full grown, and she didn't fit into the back of the TSX very well anymore. I couldn't see out the damn rear window!
considering your average suv only gets about 12-15 mpg 19mpg isn't bad. what kind of driving habits do you have? do you try and stay out of boost? do you drive with the windows down when going faster than 50 mph? do you run the a/c alot. oh yeah and is hte rdx fwd or awd. if it's awd
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,826 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
There is rumor in Honda tuning that since there wasnt such a great reponse on The RDX that they probly wont do the Turbo Tsx wich doesnt really make sense since people want s Turbo sedan or coupe not a mid size SUV.
i hope that they continue with boost applications.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
jeffry6996 said:
There is rumor in Honda tuning that since there wasnt such a great reponse on The RDX that they probly wont do the Turbo Tsx wich doesnt really make sense since people want s Turbo sedan or coupe not a mid size SUV.
retarded-ness. i like the rdx, but can't afford one, lol... nor do i really want a turbo 4-banger suv.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
WVU97GS-R said:
aren't all hondas?
new? perhaps. my mom just bought a brand new accord ex-l 4 cyl for 20k, and it's pretty fuggin nice. seems worth the money to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkness

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,826 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
new? perhaps. my mom just bought a brand new accord ex-l 4 cyl for 20k, and it's pretty fuggin nice. seems worth the money to me.
new and old. a 1998 gsr with 130K on the odo can still go for $11K. and don't get me started on the new "CIVIC" i'll be damned if is spend 25K for a dumbass SI. shit's not even fast. i'll go get a used g35 before that bullshit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
WVU97GS-R said:
new and old. a 1998 gsr with 130K on the odo can still go for $11K. and don't get me started on the new "CIVIC" i'll be damned if is spend 25K for a dumbass SI. shit's not even fast. i'll go get a used g35 before that bullshit.
that's what we call "ricer inflation." anything civic / integra related brings an expectation of too much damn money. i agree there.

hell, my 98 civic ex with 160k on the odo (if it was mint with original engine, mind you) could go for 7k still. i paid 10 for it 5ish years ago with over 100k less miles.

the new Si's are overpriced, fo sho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,364 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
new and old. a 1998 gsr with 130K on the odo can still go for $11K. and don't get me started on the new "CIVIC" i'll be damned if is spend 25K for a dumbass SI. shit's not even fast. i'll go get a used g35 before that bullshit.


For real, i was at the track yesterday and 3 SI rolled up together with I/H/E
they all thought they were bad ass and shit, the best time one of them ran was a 14.7 wich is decent but the rest ran low to mid 15s. needles to say i wasnt to impressed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,826 Posts
jeffry6996 said:
For real, i was at the track yesterday and 3 SI rolled up together with I/H/E
they all thought they were bad ass and shit, the best time one of them ran was a 14.7 wich is decent but the rest ran low to mid 15s. needles to say i wasnt to impressed.
exactly. it's a quick car not fast. and everybody is like "omfg it has navigation son" you can get a fucking pioneer folt out dvd player with navigation i your current ride for 800-1000 dollars.
 
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Top