Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a 99 accord are k sport coilover kits any good? i ordered the tein basics from sco an theyre on backorder. the guy said hed switch with the k sport if i wanted. i know teins good, but what about k sport? i need to make a decision quick. thanks.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
they suck. so do the tein basics unless you are really looking for height adjustability. but for the price of the teins, you should just look into a much better spring/strut combo if you seriously don't need the ride height adjustability.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
they suck. so do the tein basics unless you are really looking for height adjustability. but for the price of the teins, you should just look into a much better spring/strut combo if you seriously don't need the ride height adjustability.
Not necessarily, from a performance/track standpoint the Ksports would be pretty good, actually very good. They are a REALLY responsive setup for the price but the huge downside is that they are MUCH stiffer than Tein basics or Tein SS. So basically the Ksports will not be comfortable at all, you WILL feel everything on the road but your manuvering ability will go up quite substantially.
Tein basics are blah, i've never had them personally but every person i've come in contact with who does have them..hates them.
However Allen makes a good point on the spring/strut combo. The price of Tein basics runs upper 5 to lower 600 which for that price range you could get a REALLY nice spring/strut combo

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Well i wrecked the snot outta one of my Tanabe SS coilovers in the rear. The top hat landed crooked from a bump and is all bent up, the bump stop got eaten, and the boot shreaded to smitherines.. I realize now HELPER SPRINGS are a GOOD THING.

See this little flat spring on top of the main spring on these Tanabes .. well its optional and I figured it was over kill .. well its not! ... I just ordered a pair today for the rear and that should keep the rears from getting free play on bumps. I dont see many companies with this option which again sets Tanabe a little bit better than the rest.. PLUS tanabe has the rear shock adjustment on the bottom which is bad azz .. (sustec SS only) ... the S-0C below are equivelent to the TEIN basics so that might be something for you to look into also .. the helper spring is optional but id recommend getting them for rear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not trying to thread jack but has anyone experienced any pros & cons with omni power coilover setup . . they run about $700 bones on password jdm for the 94-95 accord. A friend of mine recommended them to me over the tanabe's & teins b/c of their price and quality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey i just got the omni's on my 97 SE... so far, about 500 miles of driving, they are great... kinda stiff but thats what you get with 8k,10k spring rates... quality is great. some say they are bouncy, i say that its because they are a ton stiffer that stock and may feel as if they are bouncing, but really they are just not absorbing the little bumps in the road like the old stock setup did... i ordered from kteller.com and serice was great. highly reccomend. pm me if you have questions or whatever.

drew

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
I just always go with research and you get what you pay for sometimes. Like bonestock says there all made by D2 so it really doesn't matter too much. I belive TSMpikachu had them? I've got some tein ss coilovers with 3k on them for $200 & my stock strut/spring just need to go do the swap this next weekend...aahhh shit its been a few yrs since I yanked out struts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
H(alo)oNdA 5thG said:
Yea but how does this effect the way the car performs and handles or is each manufactured spring rate different.
of course it affects handling. look thru the suspension faqs in the suspension forum.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
motionridr8 said:
hey i just got the omni's on my 97 SE... so far, about 500 miles of driving, they are great... kinda stiff but thats what you get with 8k,10k spring rates... quality is great. some say they are bouncy, i say that its because they are a ton stiffer that stock and may feel as if they are bouncing, but really they are just not absorbing the little bumps in the road like the old stock setup did... i ordered from kteller.com and serice was great. highly reccomend. pm me if you have questions or whatever.

drew
Kteller sucks.
So does omni.
Everyone I know who bought Omni returned them or sold them off to get something more adjustable

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
wesside said:
I just always go with research and you get what you pay for sometimes. Like bonestock says there all made by D2 so it really doesn't matter too much. I belive TSMpikachu had them? I've got some tein ss coilovers with 3k on them for $200 & my stock strut/spring just need to go do the swap this next weekend...aahhh shit its been a few yrs since I yanked out struts
I had D2/Ksport coilovers and they are MUCH stiffer than Tein SS.
Steering response with the D2's is heavily improved as well but the downside is you will feel every little bump in the road.
If you've never dealt with lowering a car do not get them as they will frustrate you due to the preload adjustment you can make which will affect ride height.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
H(alo)oNdA 5thG said:
Not trying to thread jack but has anyone experienced any pros & cons with omni power coilover setup . . they run about $700 bones on password jdm for the 94-95 accord. A friend of mine recommended them to me over the tanabe's & teins b/c of their price and quality.
I would go Tein or tanabe before I EVER went or consider Omni. I would much rather get a really nice spring/shock setup before even LOOKING at omnipower.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.