Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to know what i need to have safe boost i know i need a new piston set up but do i need rods and will 9.0:1 work for me and will i need to sacrifice anything such as a/c ...etc for a turbo and is it better to get a full kit for build my kit from different pieces and what good boost controllers are out there for turbos and what setup of turbo, wastegate, intercooler, downpipe, injectors, size piping, and bov should i go for. for the perfect bolt on.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
99accordhaws said:
your going to have to build the shit out of that engine if you want it to last much longer than a couple of shifts :eek
not entirely true. if his tune is good enough but he will want more power eventually so you might as well build it now.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
DriftKingB18 said:
right Im retarded, I intended in saying large millimeter throttle body, aftermarket intake manifold, 3" exaust, etc. but I was kind of fucked up at the time.
ish cool mang :hug. and unless he is pushing more than 260whp. a 2.5 inch exhaust will be fine. that way you can have better throttle response on low boost. too big of an exhaust and not enough boost will actually make you slower

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
WVU97GS-R said:
ish cool mang :hug. and unless he is pushing more than 260whp. a 2.5 inch exhaust will be fine. that way you can have better throttle response on low boost. too big of an exhaust and not enough boost will actually make you slower
right, because we all know that its about velocity, not backpressure, so yea depending on the size of the turbo, the exaust will vary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.