Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the price was around $290 which isn't bad at all. It is a cut from a solid piece of forged chromoly which is stronger then the aluminum flywheels that have chromoly teeth.
It weighs 8lbs. and the quality was great.
the fitment was perfect. the responce on it is amazing. I wasn't able to try the gsr motor in my del sol without the flywheel for comparison. but stop and go traffic isn't bad at all. stalled a couple of times when I first got it. but its still very easy to drive.
well worth the investment :tu. glad i went with the lighter one. highly recommended.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Flywheel?

I was thinking of buying a flywheel and I was wondering if it causes you to give the car a little more gas when cruising? Does it promote more wheelspin? How much do you think it will cost to install professionally? How much does the stock B16 flywheel weigh?

Thanks
Anton

antonmatthews.com
My car -> http://antonmatthews.com/car.html

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
stock flywheels are ~18 lbs

·
Registered
130 Posts
ill prob just want a 12 pound flywheel...do you have to rev it more to start like your normal flywheel, or is it the same??

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
flywheel is to light, the stock one helps harmonicly balance the crank and keep bearng wear to a minimum. 8 is very light for a daily driver and defiently a minus for a drag car, 12 is the lightest I would go.

good to hear is 100% chorme moly tho, those ebay ones are to soft.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
flywheel is to light, the stock one helps harmonicly balance the crank and keep bearng wear to a minimum. 8 is very light for a daily driver and defiently a minus for a drag car, 12 is the lightest I would go.

good to hear is 100% chorme moly tho, those ebay ones are to soft.
bs.

i have a 4th gen lude and the stock fly is 22lbs and if you go to the prelude forum and do a lil search you will find out that 75% of the guys that changed their fly on the ludes are using 8lbs ones, mostly fidanzas with NO PROBLEMS at all.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
[Buffalo] said:
bs.

i have a 4th gen lude and the stock fly is 22lbs and if you go to the prelude forum and do a lil search you will find out that 75% of the guys that changed their fly on the ludes are using 8lbs ones, mostly fidanzas with NO PROBLEMS at all.
shortterm problems no, talk with them in 50,000 miles later :), it may sound like BS but the math says other things man :)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts