Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here you go~~ I 'll get some installed pic soon. They don't hang low, and sounds like Comptech with deeper low sound.
These are all Stainless Steel, I 'll post the Titanium one later.
4inches Tip.

What do you guys think?

· Registered
313 Posts
I think I like my CompTechs. :D

What's up with the pic that is looking into the tip. It looks like there are two tips... a small one and then a larger one.

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tip is for more agressive look, but without loosing the low end.

yah I liked Comptech too, but after I saw a TL putting these on,
the comptech looks so tiny. Looks weird with Bodykit.

the Kakimoto exhaust won't loose much low end,
quiet like Comptech, low deep tone, and the tip doesn't look tiny
and its doesn't look huge like Apexi or greddy.

Thats why I am selling my comptech, and going for them.

and Most of all, hehe, its rare in North America.

Just Personal taste =)

· Registered
47 Posts
Okay, BoomPlusToys is where you can get them, that's one. Anywhere else? BPT doesn't show quotes and I hate calling some longdistance to find a price. :D

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bachviet:yah same I don't like exhaust that are extremely loud
and having huge tip.

one more thing I don't like about comptech, people can really see your muffler from rear.

I chose Kakimoto-R cus it has the same sound as comptech, and solve the " too small tip problem" which is half inch bigger, not getting into big coffee can type.
and the muffler is way back....... so it won't show up whole muffler when you look from rear and it doesn't hang low.

I 'll post some pic after I got them install.
maybe I 'll had Comptech one side, and a Kakimoto, the other side. to compare.

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With Greddy Cat-back you loose low-end torque.

Cat-Back does breath better, than Axle back, cus thicker piping and less air restriction from stock pipes and cat. but Does it mean faster? no
There is such thing as Back-pressure, loosing too much back pressure will have lost in low-end torque..... beside our Dual Exhaust is fake, we only have single cat.

I heard the new RSX-R has some kind of Exhaust Value, which closes the pipe during low end, and opening it up on high end.
which eliminates the low end lost from the stock 4inches tip.

Well, I drove my friend 's with Greddy Evo Cat-back, I laugh at him when my stock car beat him, cus he only changed the exhaust.

Now, after we all had bolt-on, header/intake/exhaust
mine is Comptech Axle, his is Greddy EVO Cat

I am still beating him from start. he might have more gain at high end, but 4hps more on high end doesn't made much difference, and you already lost 0-60mph.

Just from experience, Cat-Back isn't worth for the bolt-on. It may run better with Turbo/SC.

unless you are going thru Single straight titanium piping and exhaust. loose weight, gain hps.

· Registered
99 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost to custom true dual exhausts for the Accord with a high-flow cat on each one for emissions? Still, the exhaust is nice, but it isn't where you get the most power, but it is a piece of the puzzle to improve flow.

Also, I thought it was more important to race for quarter mile times than 0-60 times? Isn't that what they do at the track?

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It maybe a good idea for L.i Accord hehe with his Turbo =)

I have seen WRX Kakimoto Cat Back Exhaust with piping to header

the pipe is so THICK........I am looking at some 3-4inches piping.

· Registered
99 Posts
WOW! You would definitely loose a lot of back pressure for the accord. That is really only good for the forced induction, like you said.

I have a buddy who bought a twin turbo supra and just put on a 3 and 1/4 down pipe and exhaust. Sounds nasty and is wicked fast! Sounds like good application to me!

· Registered
31 Posts
I got a call from Boom Plus Toys...and they seem to be pretty helpful. The Kakimoto look nice and they appeal to my tastes, but they are way too pricey and I really can't afford to cough up $700(U.S. currency) for a pair of mufflers. I asked them if they made a catback, but they don't...Oh well, thats life I guess...I'm not in a rush in anyways to do anything to my car..:ryu: :ssj:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.