Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get it yet? I like karaoke so I think I'll be going to get the game & headset at lunch...:lol2:

I'll try it out and post a review. (You won't wnat to hear an sound files so I won't post those...:p )

If anybody picked it up already, post up a review!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it from Best Buys at lunch. It came from Konami in a green oversized box w/ a headset included. Basically $60 before sales tax.;)

Can't wait to get home and try it out! :tu2:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was funner then I expected!! :D But I'm a karaoke fan so if you're not into singing (loudly) or performing in front of other peeps, this game might sit on your shelf.

First off the setup was ULTRA simplistic so getting into the game was intuitive. The training session does a good job of cluing you into the rules of the game and you'll be "good to go" once you go through the training.

BAD: The provided headset is a weak link. Even after adjusting the mic. gain you still need to have the mic basically touching your lips to have it react acurately to your singing. Otherwise it doesn't pick up the sound and you do not register any points. I ended up resting my palm against the mic to keep it closer to my face. It got tiring after awhile...

GOOD: Once you get going, the crowd really gets into it. Strangely it motivated me to do better seeing the crowd grow and start to cheer for me.:tu2: I felt much better then after clearing a level on the average game, or taking down a boss character, etc.

Each level has 4 songs to choose from. So I'm quite sure that you'd be able to at least have one or two selections that you'd like to belt out. You can go back and try the other songs. The better you do you un-lock extra songs, character costumes, etc. Sweet!:p

One level has you on a stage w/ full lighting effects, fireworks, a blimp in the background, etc. etc. When you see your name flashing on the blimp and around the stage, and the animated crowd grooving to your singing, it's a strangely giddy rush I must admit.

The instructions has a section on expansion discs, so I'm assuming there's going to be more songs in the future.

BTW: One thing that they don't mention is that the people singing the songs aren't the original singers. Most sound pretty good except for the dOOd sing Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean". He didn't sound like the Gloved One at all...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
28 bucks at walmart for the logitech headset. seems more sturdy. but yea i'm thinking about buying it. doesn't seem like i know alot of songs on there plus i hate the idea of unlocking stuff. eh i already wasted a dvd-r burning it so might as well give it a chance.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The provided headset was a Logitech. I'll give a try stripping the wire and re-soldering it to the headset. The original cord was much longer then my PS2 controller cord, so loosing maybe 5 feet of wire shouldn't be too bad. Maybe I'll just need to sit closer to the TV.:cry:

The dog was sitting at the base of the couch and I guess the cord was flapping against him and he got an interest to it. All of a sudden I the sound was gone in the headset and that's when I noticed what he was doing...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went and got the heavy-duty headset made by LogiTech. It comes in the blue blister pack, and has the volume/mute remote on the cord.

It works near 100% and I'm glad I bought it. As soon as I started using it my scores went up & I felt much more confident then w/ the last headset.

I'd suggest buying the game seperately instead of the bundle pack & getting the better headset.:p

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
the american idol ps2 game is on newsgroups. i'm downloading it right now. maybe i should go buy the headset now. did u get the logitech one in the blue box?

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IntegraTypeRS said:
the american idol ps2 game is on newsgroups. i'm downloading it right now. maybe i should go buy the headset now. did u get the logitech one in the blue box?
Yup. It looks almost like an actually Sony product from afar. It's a WAY BETTER match for this game. I'd definitely recommend it. :tu:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts