Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 98 GSR with slight mods done thats fairly quick as it sets... but want more...everyone always wants more...so do i stick the B or switch to the K...?? let me know what you think...theres no bad opinions here i wanna know what you really think....

· Registered
1,993 Posts
How much cash you got?

Enough to swap your K while making the car safe to drive?

· Registered
1,993 Posts
K swap all the way. Itll make more power than a B series in the end. a2/a4 combo 200hp at 9.5:1. But theres other combos.

Or RWD C32 integra...

· Registered
4,633 Posts
lol, really depends on how you want to make the power.

You could park your car at a reputable shop, come back in a few weeks and hand over $8,000 for a K Swap running NA with 250whp.....

or, you could do the same with your B18, hand over $4000, and have a reliable 300whp turbo car.....or do it yourself for less.

If you just want lots of power, you don't ''need'' the K swap. You'll make more power for way less than the K swap. For the price of a K Swap, you can build a 500whp+ Integra.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the point isn't it? having a car that really wasn't made to go fast so that when mr. cocky pulls up next to you he doesnt have a chance..?? lol that was my take on it??

· Registered
1,993 Posts
just curious..are you actually trying to make a decision or just asking a ?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im honestly trying to make a decision... i know its my decision thats final.. but i was trying to get some feedback on the things im not too sure about... I'm no genius by no means and just wanted some straight forward opinions... thats all.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
The K series is the far better motor. More torque, more refined, larger displacement. Id say if you have bank, do it, its a sick swap.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
Well let us know what you decide. GL with your build. Do alot of research and find a good tuner, that is if you dont plan on keeping it stock.

· Registered
111 Posts
Thats the point isn't it? having a car that really wasn't made to go fast so that when mr. cocky pulls up next to you he doesnt have a chance..?? lol that was my take on it??
i guess, but i'd still rather have a car that was made for it. having it all suped up like that is kinda ricey in my opinion. just don't do anything stupid to the outside haha

· Registered
49 Posts
if you end up getting that k swap i will take the b18c off your hands lol. im looking for a b18c but cant find any anywhere. i will give 1500 for it,

Reactions: mattliston

· Registered
141 Posts
Go k swap. It's the Future of the Honda scene, And as far as price goes, it's not even that expensive any more. Power is unlimited both N/A And Forced induction. I own two k powered cars myself, and will never go back to the b. I had a gsr hatch and a b16 hatch with more money dumped into it then i knew what to do with. Neither of them could even be put in the same sentence as the K. Check out Tim Grey, he goes 10.3's in his All motor K. With over 320whp...did i mention this is ALL MOTOR? lol the answer is clear my friend.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.